2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic.

Step 1 - release to the media that we want to keep him at all costs

Step 2 - release that he’s pushing for a move

Step 3 - release that we’ve reluctantly accepted a bid because wouldn’t sign new contract

Step 4 - Gordon leaves and the board cry “we tried our best to keep him”

Rinse and repeat.

Difference this time is it's mega money. He needs to get to Sterling level to be worth 50m. That's a bit ask.

Things like this invariably are always true.

Heard he hates us mate and has changed his Everton bedroom accessories to Chelsea. His mums made up though cos they play in the same colours so she's saved money on not having to buy a new lampshade and those nice little pillows what people have at the end of the bed when they have more money than sense the bad teds

If it's true he's asked to leave then deal on our terms..
Minimum 50 cash, up front.
Broja and Gallagher if we want them, one perm one loan

He’s clearly a very good player with a high ceiling. Probably shouldn’t sell for anything under 50 even then it will be tough to replace in the next couple of weeks.
Some top managers have been sniffing round him and Ancelotti rated him very highly as a future number 10.

Well this came true sooner than I expected...

I have a question for the 'we love Anthony' camp...

How quickly are you going to change your stance after you realise the player is actually welcoming a move to Chelsea and isn't being forced out?

Just curious. ?

I'm no accountant either.

I would say that Richarlison was sold before the end of the financial year. It strongly suggests that FFP was a factor.

I am only suggesting that if the club are doing the same again, in other words trying to get FFP wriggle room by banking a sale at the end of the season, if they do that sale now the money isn't actually there for us to spend. It's already been budgeted for and if they use the money now they have to sell again before July 2023. If we've sold Gordon the cupboard as it stands today is pretty bare.
Don’t forget the Moise Keane money :)

Status
Not open for further replies.