2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what, I think I remember seeing at the time that actually it wasn't, that the fee did only kick in at 20 apps.

Will come out in the wash I'm sure.

FWIW I do like Dele and don't understand why he wasn't given a chance in the last two games. Lampard's tactics have been crap.

But if we don't have to pay the fee, or can free up his £100k wage, then is what it is. He's not come close to scoring for us in a meaningful game.

The fee will only kick in at 20 apps.

But with the possibility of us just flipping him before that, then I am absolutely certain Spurs will get something out of it if we did that.

No way they give us him for free to just flip for profit before the 20 apps.

Tbh mate I think Lampard's lack of plan for him has been clear too. But also don't think he's impressed in training or fits into the system we now want to play which is clearly 343.
It just raises more questions about who actually wanted him.

But he had the opportunity to prove all the media wrong, knuckle down and be a star for us. A big finger up to everyone

So be it, no big loss and good luck to him

Looks to me like the club are giving him the choice

A) knuckle down, step up training intensity and fight for your career

B) take the easy way out and enjoy a year-long holiday in Turkey

Huge move for his career this. Not arsed either way, disappointed it hasn’t worked out for him here.
Anyone who has played in Turkey will tell you that’s not an easy way out.

But with the possibility of us just flipping him before that, then I am absolutely certain Spurs will get something out of it if we did that.

I think it was something from the MK Dons side. Basically they were fuming because the deal meant that if Everton let Dele go before the 20 app mark they'd get nothing, as they're entitled to a sell-on fee.

Spurs were proper desperate to get rid weren't they.

Maybe if it's a permanent and there's an actual transfer of money though, then we'd owe them some. If it's a loan I'd doubt there'd be anything at least unless they take up the buy option.

They have a 25% sell on clause I think it was reported at the time.

Apparently though they also have to give 20% of anything we give them to MK Dons. So who knows lol

It just raises more questions about who actually wanted him.

But he had the opportunity to prove all the media wrong, knuckle down and be a star for us. A big finger up to everyone

So be it, no big loss and good luck to him
He was presented as a signing to Lampard in his last interview, along with Van de Beek. It's been reliably reported mate - Athletic, Bobble, even one of the national journos all on the same page with it.

Lampard gave it the nod and the deal was done but the leg work was done before.

Can I check, Ia Alli crap again now. I can’t keep up on here.
If he stays and plays three good passes, will he be good again.

One of the dumbest transfers we've managed to compete this. If Thelwell has realised what a mistake the club make in bringing Alli in was, and is able to get him out in this window, he'll deserve a great deal of credit.
I mean whatever we think of him he turned the tide in the match that kept us up.

And I think it's been ridiculous from Lampard not to use him from the start in the last two games.

That being said, on the whole, he has failed to deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.