2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was responding to someone saying about p&s for this season in costs mate and why selling Gordon helps that - by illustrating that if this session is the one we need to navigate through then dele leaving will massively aid it.

Yeah we have costs outgoing over likely 2 seasons after this from Onana and McNeil too but they are in the next year's and the one Afters p&s which the Gordon sale if it happens won't impact
As above, the Gordon sale would go on this seasons balance sheet, fully.

Along with the Kean and Richarlison sale, it would POSSIBLY bring us to a minus P&L.

If we assume the made up figure of minus 80m was accepted by the Premier League, it would leave us with 130m NET to spend over the next 3 years.

Along with the Kean and Richarlison sale, it would POSSIBLY bring us to a minus P&L.

If we assume the made up figure of minus 80m was accepted by the Premier League, it would leave us with 130m NET to spend over the next 3 years.

Or we don't sell Gordon and we can spend 80m net mate using the same figures

we aren’t selling tho goat mark my words

vault me etc

Of course I would play him over Gray if he played for us. He is better.
He does however overplay it sometimes(like Gray) can be wasteful(like Gray) Does have better players around him to enable better returns.
This all began with a comparison between Gordon and Diaz, and I said he is more like Gray in the sense that sometimes he flatters to deceive but has the occasional worldie. Not everything is Black/White, it doesn't mean I wouldn't want him at Everton or that our player is better or anything like that.
Though he has not impressed for quite some time for us, Gray has looked incredible on the rare occasion, like Diaz(who can also have poor games believe it or not)
So to sum up... I can compare him to Gray even if he is better at the things he is similarly good at and not quite as bad at the things he is similarly bad at. It is after all a comparison between two players who play the same position
I agree he does but he's also does the good things so much better and is twice the player Gray is

It is sad that we cant hold on to our top players especially homegrown local academy ones. If we was competing or even won one of the cups in last few years we may have a chance but we're so off the pace and have been for some time.
I used to care about this but Barkley ended that for me. £45mil and I'd take it tbh

Profit goes to the p&l not the balance sheet lol

If we sell him he is no longer an asset so not on our balance sheet anymore

It just winds me up, it shouldnt, but everybody talking about up front fees, not a peep will be said next summer about all the payments we will have to make, not a peep this summer on payments we will have had to make for the players signed in the last 2 or 3 years either.

As I say, I should just go about my day and not mention it and no doubt ive highlighted it, it wont get any better but still.

Keep it simple lads, NET spend is the most useless metric in football, well it was, until people turned to down payments, which is even more useless. Unless people can give me a list of the payments, when they are due, what amount, what are the adds, till then, im gonna use NET spend!!!!!!!!!!!

But yes, on top of Agents fees, signing on fees, we have defo spent vastly more than 10million English pounds.

Not the point though is it, it's all about gaming the accounts to pay some kind of lip service to the rules to keep the team who finishes 18th from trying to sue us.

I used to care about this but Barkley ended that for me. £45mil and I'd take it tbh
If we was in a better place Id say hold out for whatever we can but the thought of missing out on 40m plus to reinvest in much needed positions and Gordon just becoming another average player we can't take that chance need to cash in. I like his attitude and he has ability which is mainly due to his pace turns sharp and makes yards over players if he wasn't quick id struggle to see what else he has and thought he stood out more last season because we was so poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.