Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes please, for 10m an absolute bargain.

Young and improving, can play alone or as a secondary in a 2, knows where the goal is. And stays bloody healthy.

Much better deal than Maupay or Adams, likely cheaper, younger/hungrier and not reached his potential yet.

If we are looking at bargain type signings with potential then him and Garner from united for a combined 24m (quoted) would seem way better investment than a MGW for 35m etc.

Diaz would kinda be a Cahill type signing actually, not a fashionable name but someone who seems to be improving a lot over a few seasons but whose price hasn't gone silly yet

I know highlight videos are just that. I get it.

This James Garner kid….yes please.

Saw his name mentioned with Everton interest.

Anyone have any insight on this kid?
He looks the part.

Played very well on loan for forest - as @Eggs said though a little bit strange with him being available and for that cheap that forest haven't bid for him given they've bought thirty million players already

Young and improving, can play alone or as a secondary in a 2, knows where the goal is. And stays bloody healthy.

Much better deal than Maupay or Adams, likely cheaper, younger/hungrier and not reached his potential yet.

If we are looking at bargain type signings with potential then him and Garner from united for a combined 24m (quoted) would seem way better investment than a MGW for 35m etc.

Diaz would kinda be a Cahill type signing actually, not a fashionable name but someone who seems to be improving a lot over a few seasons but whose price hasn't gone silly yet
I'd actually been keen for him and maupay. Then we have the option to go 352 and have rotation for the 2 striker spots. Doesn't leave space for Mcneil, but would give us options of formation.

Adams: 16 goals in last 2 seasons

Maupay: 16 goals in last 2 seasons

Richarlison: 17 goals in last 2 seasons

Gordon: 4 goals in last 2 seasons

Problem with our fans is they overhype our own players and slate other clubs players unless they are fancy named or play for a lower league/hipster club.

…still having a pop at ‘our fans’.

Last edited:

It’s a rubbish article as I thought Blackburn turned down £10m from Nice recently for the player and said he wasn’t going anywhere for that few.

As much as that sucks is it really any better quality wise with Gordon and Dele there? It's two extra names so we won't run out of people to play. Aside from that I'm not sure we lose much.

Over to you Kev
Yes of course it is, certainly with Gordon who’s a better player than all apart from DCL

It’s a rubbish article as I thought Blackburn turned down £10m from Nice recently for the player and said he wasn’t going anywhere for that few.

Guess it depends how the fee was structured - 10m could have been 5 + 5 in add-ons etc.

Lad seems to me to be worth at least that much and would be a good pick up.

Would like to see us using our loans out to clubs in the championship we like players from though more often.

Diaz scored less the maypay in the championship and the the same as Adam’s.
The step to the premier league is a risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.