Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a fool wants to bring in a few trashy forwards when a proper scouting system should identify an available top striker.

Has anyone sounded out Cavani for example? Or Belotti before Roma get him?
I think Cavani and Belotti are the type we are trying to stay away from. Probably both demanding very high wages and Cavani has no resale value.Although i would have Cavani here for a season.

But all the noise is around him looking for a club in La Liga and with Belotti the speculation is that he will stay in Serie A.

Need a tried and trusted goalscorer in the 10 to 15 goals per season range, who can play a bit no older than 26 and don't ask me who. And if we are selling Gordon the next big thing younger player who can play across the front 3. Personally if the price is right and Gordon's head is turned I'd sell him and invest.

I'm sure I've read that Thelwell has introduced a sensible wage structure across all areas of the club. Going out and breaking this structure by spaffing 200k a week on a 35 year old Cavani sounds like an awful idea to me.

The profile of player we should be looking at is young and hungry players on sensible wages that we think can make the step up and improve while at this club. Players who have good potential, but even if they don't reach it they will still have some resale value.

Status
Not open for further replies.