Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

so the back up ( at least I hope they are seen as back ups ) striking option appears to be one of

Maupay
Brereton - Diaz or
Adams.

I wonder if that list changes if we sell Gordon or is predecated on his sale ?

All 3 are OK as back up. I suppose Maupay is the safer option . Ben Brereton Díaz is a bit of a maverick choice and whilst unproven at this level also has the versatility of being able to play wide. Adams is the most underwhelming for me.

If Gordon's sale goes through I'd hope that we could pick up one of the 3 plus a more exciting option like Terrier.

I think on balance I'd be happy with either Maupay or Ben Brereton Díaz as back up.

Last edited:
Whilst I agree with you, with the apparent current financial restraints and the state of first team forward options I’d say that a few stopgap cheap options that can find the back of the net is of critical importance during this rebuilding period to avoid a repeat of last season.
You dont build a team on a dung heap.

Yeah, I wouldn't argue.

What we certainly dont want is someone like Adams, who is atrcocious. I'm scratching my head wondering how on earth he's already at a PL club.

Exactly mate, Adams and Maupay are jobbers nothing more.

Diaz I just have a soft spot for,like players who are touted and fall away then come back and love the weird Chile call up thing which came about because of footy manager.

so the back up ( at least I hope they are seen as back ups ) striking option appears to be one of

Maupay
Brereton - Diaz or
Adams.

I wonder if that list changes if we sell Gordon or is precedacated on his sale ?

All 3 are OK as back up. I suppose Maupay is the safer option . Ben Brereton Díaz is a bit of a maverick choice and whilst unproven at this level also has the versatility of being able to play wide. Adams is the most underwhelming for me.

If Gordon's sale goes through I'd hope that we could pick up one of the 3 plus a more exciting option like Terrier.

I think on balance I'd be happy with either Maupay or Ben Brereton Díaz as back up.
if Gordon goes I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Chelsea's player come in, whether that's Gilmour or Hudson-Odoi or even Pulisic. Especially if Broja is a no go and we still have one domestic loan. Brighton did a similar deal for what's his chops.

We have never learned to not trust Chelsea

We should never deal with them or United ever again. We’ve never stopped top players going to those clubs yet when it’s come to us loaning their absolute dross they’ve shafted us late in windows numerous times. We’re not even their competition. United turning down a very good bid from us for Rojo then letting him go for barely anything in the following window was a particular example.

if Gordon goes I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Chelsea's player come in, whether that's Gilmour or Hudson-Odoi or even Pulisic. Especially if Broja is a no go and we still have one domestic loan. Brighton did a similar deal for what's his chops.
I'd love it to be Gallagher but that's unrealistic.

Suppose Gilmour and Batshuayi are the one's Chelsea might offer.

Only a fool wants to bring in a few trashy forwards when a proper scouting system should identify an available top striker.

Has anyone sounded out Cavani for example? Or Belotti before Roma get him?
Dave, I think this is a reason we haven’t bothered with Cavani…
He missed 19 PL games through injury and another from covid. So 20/38 games he was unavailable for last season.

Also missed 4/8 Champions League games & 1/3 cup games.

25/49 games he missed last season through injury and apparently picking and choosing when he plays.

I'd love it to be Gallagher but that's unrealistic.

Suppose Gilmour and Batshuayi are the one's Chelsea might offer.
yeah, although I'm not sure where Gilmour fits unless we get rid of Gomes, Davies or Gbamin. Whilst we don't have lots of quality in midfield but we are stacked.
We currently have 8 midfielders if you include Iwobi in there. With Gilmour that's 9.
I'm surprised the Batshuayi links have cooled. Not that I want him but he's a proper No9 and he's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.