Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Townsend and Gray kept us up last season, they just did it at the start rather than the end. The 1.7m spent on the two probably saved us 100m.
I’m not sure that’s quite how it works though?! If we’d had better players then maybe we wouldn’t have been relying on a couple of blammos scored at the start of the season to keep us up at the end.

Everton defender Mason Holgate says there is "no need to panic" after two defeats to date.

The Toffees have been beaten by Chelsea and Aston Villa so far, and face Nottingham Forest this weekend.

Speaking to BBC Radio Merseyside, Holgate said: "There is no need to panic yet. Yes we'd have liked more than two losses, there's no sugar coating that. It's two games into the season, we are still making signings and gelling. The performances were there. If we start taking our chances I'm sure we will be fine."

Asked about new signing Amadou Onana, Holgate added: "He looks like a really good signing and I think he's going to help us. Not only him, Conor Coady, we've made a lot of good signings. It is going to take us maybe a few more weeks to click properly. Hopefully when it does click it turns into results and is a great season for us.

"Conor and James Tarkowski are two very good players. Ultimately when people are vocal like that it will help us as a team and me as well. Now there is a lot of competition for places and that's good for us going forward."

(Courtesy of BBC)

I’m not sure that’s quite how it works though?! If we’d had better players then maybe we wouldn’t have been relying on a couple of blammos scored at the start of the season to keep us up at the end.

Exactly. It’s like saying ‘Jadon Sancho was the reason Man Utd finished top half last season because he scored 3 goals’.
Rather than ‘Jadon Sancho was one of the reasons Utd were crap last year’

Discussion on Dele as well……
Pretty sad. Gutted for him and us tbh.

With Everton's Dele Alli linked with Turkish side Besiktas, a move abroad could be good for the midfielder, believes The Daily Telegraph's Luke Edwards.

"We talked about Everton being a fresh start for him," journalist Edwards told the BBC's Transfer Daily podcast.

"We said it was a really good move, he needed to get out of Tottenham and he needed to play every week. I think it’s fair to say he has not made the most of that opportunity.

"I don’t know with Dele Alli whether he still loves football.

"He’s had a chance to relaunch his career at Everton and for whatever reason he hasn’t taken it. He’s still young enough to have four or five really good years playing football at an elite level.

"I don’t think going to Besiktas is that elite level, but maybe going abroad, getting away from everything that is in the UK, maybe it will do him some good.

"I feel really sad about Dele Alli because he is one of the great young English players. If you remember the 2018 World Cup, he was an integral part of the team that got to the semi-final.

"His career since has nose-dived, to put it politely."

Status
Not open for further replies.