2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know well that that is not what I was doing
poor response
Look mate, Sheedy was an ever present in an all conquering side that won everything. Leighton Baines was a good left back who was an ever present in a side that regularly won the sixth and seventh place trophy. You think that is an irrelevance to their standings in the game. I don't. I watched both play regularly and Sheedy was the more impactful player. You disagree, that's fine. I'm not sure why you had to bring the RS into it.

Is the DOF the sole reason for that though?
Well he is the DOF after all. Who else’s fault is it? Lampard, Moshiri, Kenwright. Look I’m happy he’s got Tarks, Coady and Onana in, but let’s not kid ourselves he’s made a massive mistake not replacing Richarlison already.

Well it isn’t really, because we sold a forward for £60m 7 weeks ago.
True but dont forget we also had to deal with the center backs, so its not like they havent been busy, a sriker isnt the only problem, besides a good one isnt easy to find for us, we have to be patient

Can tell its half term with some of the nonsense in this thread.

Maybe give the new fella longer than 1 window (which hasn't even closed yet) before judging when he's got one arm tied behind his back thanks to Walsh & Brands sploshing millions on rubbish.

Well he is the DOF after all. Who else’s fault is it? Lampard, Moshiri, Kenwright. Look I’m happy he’s got Tarks, Coady and Onana in, but let’s not kid ourselves he’s made a massive mistake not replacing Richarlison already.
I'm not saying it's not a bad thing that we don't have a striker. But I'm just saying it's simplistic to blame solely Thelwell. He's not the only one involved. I suspect the targets that the manager wants are not yet available or there are still discussions ongoing. And I'm not blaming the manager there either.

The forward situation is not a great look for Thelwell, that's for sure.

I do think though, the situation he and Frank have inherited is one of the biggest messes in club football, anywhere in the world, and certainly at the top-level.

There have been gaps literally all over the squad and whilst the need for forward reinforcements is obvious, there have been severe issues in defence and midfield as well, which he has gone a considerable way towards addressing.

He / we cannot end the window in this state though and we must get more signings in. I think it's unfair to expect a huge amount more than what's already delivered under enormously challenging circumstances, and a general lack of forward talent, with that being the hardest position to fill, and certainly so on a value for money basis for a team finishing 16th.

I would say though that the McNeill signing on the face of it, looks poorly judged but the lad is barely here a few weeks. Hope we can get things sorted.

Look mate, Sheedy was an ever present in an all conquering side that won everything. Leighton Baines was a good left back who was an ever present in a side that regularly won the sixth and seventh place trophy. You think that is an irrelevance to their standings in the game. I don't. I watched both play regularly and Sheedy was the more impactful player. You disagree, that's fine. I'm not sure why you had to bring the RS into it.
LB P420 G39 A67 0.252 returns per game
KS P256 G62 A11 0.285 returns per game
In terms of impact on looks pretty similar to me
Now take into account that Baines played Left Back as well as Sheedy played in LW and in an 'all conquering side' then you have to admit Baines had more to do and still did it.
You know why I mentioned a player from the RS, no need to get weird about it, but I'll spell it out anyway. Traore has a CL medal therefore medals don't always equal better players in a team game.
By the way, I too watched both Sheedy and Baines play, both great, not one great the other good, both great.

LB P420 G39 A67 0.252 returns per game
KS P256 G62 A11 0.285 returns per game
In terms of impact on looks pretty similar to me
Now take into account that Baines played Left Back as well as Sheedy played in LW and in an 'all conquering side' then you have to admit Baines had more to do and still did it.
You know why I mentioned a player from the RS, no need to get weird about it, but I'll spell it out anyway. Traore has a CL medal therefore medals don't always equal better players in a team game.
By the way, I too watched both Sheedy and Baines play, both great, not one great the other good, both great.
Alright buddy, no need to go all Big Oil stat happy on me (even though the stats back up my position). You think Baines is better, I disagree, let's move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.