Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is they are not even trying to turn us around. The goal is to simply sustain us in the PL with the minimum amount of new investment so they can get the stadium built and get us sold off for maximum profit. Does anything about our current strategy of selling anyone who contributed anything being sold and, with the exception of Onana, replacing them with low cost PL also rans scream improvement. I mean Neal Maupay and Che Adams, Jesus Christ, if that isn't a downgrade on Richarlison and Gordon I don't know what would be. Our forwards, if we sign those two sadsacks, will be Maupay, Adams and Rondon. Drink that in.
Let's wait until the end of the window before evaluating the roster. I would agree that your prospective strike team is dire. This also hasn't happened yet.

Let's wait until the end of the window before evaluating the roster. I would agree that your prospective strike team is dire. This also hasn't happened yet.
Fair enough, I'm not convinced on any of the other attacking links either by the way but you're right, we haven't signed any forwards yet (that in and of itself is a major problem, though).

There is a bit of a difference.

Drogba was coming off being the star of Marseille's run to the UEFA Cup final, and had scored 36 league goals in his previous two seasons.

Yeah im not saying he was an unknown(like salah wasnt either). But he was only at Marseille for a year. So even if you look at his previous club guingamp, he was 24. Still a late developer.

"Very little in his career" was a strange turn of phrase when comparing Didier Drogba to Neal Maupay!

There was no comparison between drogba and maupy. I was talking only about drogba. Who had a great season at marsielle the year before. His only season at that club. At 25. The year before he was at guingamp and previously le mans and scored 30 goals in 5 seasons.

I can't believe Neal Maupay has a thread on our forum FFS he is pony and believe me I have watched him enough to make that judgement. Plenty of my mates are Brighton season ticket holders and dont rate him either.

Maups would be an absolutely fine backup striker in all honesty.

If the sale of Gordon enables us to sign Maupay, a better striker, plus a winger, then it'll be excellent business.

However, I do not trust the club to do that. I see Gordon going, Maupay coming and starting 25 games this season and us going down.
You see that do you

????

You see that do you

????
"Am getting the word..... relegated"

1660751690081.jpeg

There is a bit of a difference.

Drogba was coming off being the star of Marseille's run to the UEFA Cup final, and had scored 36 league goals in his previous two seasons.
Yeah 56 in all competitions and that includes a season at Guingamp where he wasn't exactly having them lined up to tap in.

Status
Not open for further replies.