Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks decent. Given that he is an instant upgrade on Gordon, and seemingly cheaper, lets just hope that Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle and the rest don't find out about him.
There's lots of players that are better than Gordon. It's not hard. That's not to say he won't go on and be a truly excellent player of course, but right now he's very much a work in progress, which is fine. Clubs pay for potential.

I'm sure lots of clubs have looked at Terrier too.

But again, they have 2 actual CM's and don't get bullied. We can also play with attackers who drop back to occupy the opposition defensive mid or tuck inside, McNeil came inside a lot at the weekend.

We got bullied because neither Doucoure or Iwobi are strong in the middle.
But you are talking about quality of player, there is no way we haver the same quality in CM as Chelsea or Spurs, nor could we attract or afford the same quality. From that point if view it wont work....

Take the pee i don't care it's still a relevant point when we are set to go in with the same attack only minus Alli this weekend. Feel free to mock me as we throw away points. It's complete madness. If we go down then this will be why.
It won't be, mate.

Once the window is closed and any new signings are bedded in we'll still have the better part of 90 points to play for. I get it's frustrating but strikers have to be the toughest position to recruit for. If (clearly a very big IF) we get the recruitment right, though, I'll be glad we took our time over it rather than Evertoning it and ending up with a Rondon-Sturridge partnership just because it'd have been quick to do.

I think you are doing us down about West Ham and Newcastles overall squad against ours.

You are putting Palace good season down to just Gallagher? Who may I add wont fit at Everton in a 2 man midfield, he is more of an 8 in a 3 or a 10 which we don`t play with.

Wolves have played 5 at the back since the season before they were promoted to the Premier League, Lage is now binning it off because he can see how limited it is.

Chelsea did win 1 PL with 5 at the back, the only time in the history of the top division in England this has been done. That was back in 2017, who was the poster that wouldn`t accept looking back at the season before last and you are looking back 5 years.

You missed my point, we were a top half team before last season so why not again? We can be but play a system which is more suitable....
Because we had a world class coach who had us punching above our weight.

But you are talking about quality of player, there is no way we haver the same quality in CM as Chelsea or Spurs, nor could we attract or afford the same quality. From that point if view it wont work....

That's why I originally said we had to upgrade our midfield going from Iwobi and Doucoure to Gana and Onana is a massive upswing.

Half the time I don't think you understand the conversation you're wading into.

Whose creating for said attacker mate?

Certianly still think we need a bit more guile and creativity - think everything is funneled through Anthony at the moment.
£35m for him is far too much, I don’t tend to watch European league anymore but I’m still convinced there’s far better out there for far less money.

We just look so flat though going forward atm

There's lots of players that are better than Gordon. It's not hard. That's not to say he won't go on and be a truly excellent player of course, but right now he's very much a work in progress, which is fine. Clubs pay for potential.

I'm sure lots of clubs have looked at Terrier too.
Lets just hope Chelsea Spurs and Newcastle are not three of them or are dreams of money might be over. ?

It won't be, mate.

Once the window is closed and any new signings are bedded in we'll still have the better part of 90 points to play for. I get it's frustrating but strikers have to be the toughest position to recruit for. If (clearly a very big IF) we get the recruitment right, though, I'll be glad we took our time over it rather than Evertoning it and ending up with a Rondon-Sturridge partnership just because it'd have been quick to do.
It'll certainly be a factor. 15 points up for grabs before the window closes. Winnable games and we've seen 2 defeats. I can see progress being made in the team, but that midfield/"attack" doesn't know how to score goals.

It's been our problem for years, relying on goals from Richy/DCL and now we're without both. Now we need to bring in a striker who can immediately score goals consistently. It's a big ask. Other teams seem to have goalscorers from most positions. I wouldn't trust the majority of our players to even hit the target.

Worrying times and I can't believe we knew Richy was leaving and didn't prioritise bringing in 2 strikers. We needed another striker last season.

Jury still out on that one for me although I'm hoping we don't have a Zouma type moment for Broja, where we hang on too long.

It's starting to cost us points now.
One could argue we have already held on too long…for a player that arguably doesn’t warrant holding on for.

Status
Not open for further replies.