Transfer Rumour Ben Brereton Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this article, in here it highlights how Brereton-Diaz can and has played all across the front 3, not just as a CF.... In the article it says `deceptively quick`, I always thought he was quicker than most make out.

I have always thought he was worth a punt, nothing has changed.

I have no idea about this bloke, so I'll leave it to the management team.
If they think he's worth it, then go for it. If not, then swerve.
It's easy this supporter thing. :coffee: We support whoever the management bring in rather than trying to second guess how a particular player may turn out.
As an example, let me say that I watched Sheffield Utd v Sunderland tonight. I had been furious that we let Simms go on loan. I mean he has to be better than Rondon right? Well no, not from what I watched.
Aye, been saying this. I watched Simms a a bit playing for Hearts last season and whilst you could see him developing well, he was nowhere near ready for premier league football. Which I enjoyed the hysteria monkeys raging at him being sent out on loan just one game into our season.

Aye, been saying this. I watched Simms a a bit playing for Hearts last season and whilst you could see him developing well, he was nowhere near ready for premier league football. Which I enjoyed the hysteria monkeys raging at him being sent out on loan just one game into our season.
He's scoring a goal a game in the championship at the moment and we aren't scoring period. Even accounting for the obvious step up I don't think Simms would score 0 based on his career to this point so hard to say he wouldn't be helpful.

Maybe the hysteria monkeys had a point. We've gone in to the season without a striker and thrown 6 points we needn't have. He surely had to be a better punt than Gordon or Rondon in the 9 slot. I also wonder if Rondon would have looked ready for the prem in Hearts's line up lol

Also it is quite possible we could have used him for a few games to test it out while we tried to buy a striker and still found a loan before the window closed.

Simms is just a funny one for me, he just scores and scores and everyone talks about how he isn't good enough.
He’s been participating in training and the club clearly see what Kev and I see from watching him play mate. He isn’t ready and the same people heralding him as our saviour would be writing him off 2/3 games later.

He’s been participating in training and the club clearly see what Kev and I see from watching him play mate. He isn’t ready and the same people heralding him as our saviour would be writing him off 2/3 games later.
The same club that watched Iwobi in training for over two years before figuring out what to do with him? I can find other examples but I just don't blindly trust that they've got it right.

The same club that watched Iwobi in training for over two years before figuring out what to do with him? I can find other examples but I just don't blindly trust that they've got it right.
Ok mate if you excuse me I’ll not proceed to getting engaged in a tedious battle of caveats and whataboutism and just trust the evidence of my eyes and others.

Reactions: kev
One could argue that is the most recent regime who have figured out what to do with Iwobi. The same crew who have sent Simms on loan. They know what they're doing or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.