Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forrest will be like a shopping center if they go down, to be fair, they arent on the hook for Lingard or Henderson if they do go down, the rest of their signings you could see playing in the championship bar Awoniyi, MGW, Brennan Johnson, Williams and Dennis - the strategy is probably to sell those five if they go down.
No one would be daft enough to buy multiple players from a relegated side and expect them to improve their team though.

I don't THINK that works that way if they get promoted before the payments end, would seem weird to let them double dip. Just a feeling, literally nothing to back it up

Oh it doesn't mate - sorry i was more talking about the value then practically, obviously if you get promoted - the parachute payment doesn't apply that year, you are in the PL. Apologies.

Forrest will be like a shopping center if they go down, to be fair, they arent on the hook for Lingard or Henderson if they do go down, the rest of their signings you could see playing in the championship bar Awoniyi, MGW, Brennan Johnson, Williams and Dennis - the strategy is probably to sell those five if they go down.
Exactly!!! People acting like Forest are betting their entire existence on ~15 signings. Best case scenario they stay up and bank another £120m for being in the Prem, worst case: Lingard contract expires, Henderson loan ends, a few maybe get sold, most get kept, and there's a parachute payment to cover the rest. Looks mad from the outside, internally it's probably a calculated gamble for a team who has not been in the Prem for 20+ years.

They have a very good manager in Steve Cooper and he will keep them up imo. Last season he took them over when they were propping up the table and got them promoted in the end.

I hope Onana will prove a good signing. I think Tarkowski will be a good signing. I think our other business is either not needed or just poor.

We needed goals and we've failed miserably and are heading down unless we fix it.

Just saying chill and that we'll be fine is pointless. Everyone kept saying it last year and shouting bed wetter while we were in a full blown relegation fight. Our fans need to wake to our position in the game. We are in for another relegation fight and need to get our heads around it as early as possible so we are up for the fight.
Onana is class mate, pin this post he will be gone in 2 years for £90m+ Both Tarky and Coady are shrewd buys and reek of a 'Jagielka' type signings. The two that I find questionable are Vinaigre and McNeil but happy to give them a chance. Two strikers still needed though and even more so if Delle goes and if Gordon does leave a winger too. Given the recent history our board isn't capable of this but I actually have faith in Thelwell and Frank's team, so who knows. We are seeing Forest do an 'Everton' by spending ridiculous amount on Gibbs-White, no way would any club with half sense pay that, it definitely pushes up Gordon's price if he does go to Chelsea.
As for Onana, why do I know he will be a great signing? I follow world wide football as invest in rookies financially and he is one I have followed for a decent amount of time and know he will be a great signing for us, I just hope we follow him up with similar levels of player.

Just chill anyway, you’re a proper doomer.
We’ve made some good signings (which you said we wouldn’t) and we are very actively making more.
There is a relegation thread for people like you
You're right mate we have made some decent signings, but surely you can see that it doesn't look good that we don't have a CF that can play 90 mins of football at the club atm.

Maybe we could try Onana at CF he looks like he might have the drive and skill set to play there short term.

Kin Forest are buying literally every player on the transfer market, yet we haven't been able to as much as loan one of our many duds out to them! Typical.

They have a very good manager in Steve Cooper and he will keep them up imo. Last season he took them over when they were propping up the table and got them promoted in the end.
IMO Steve Cooper is a superb manager, hugely underrated. Did/doing a superb job a Forest and could have been a brilliant addition to us last winter (of course, not the star name Moshiri was interested in).

IMO Steve Cooper is a superb manager, hugely underrated. Did/doing a superb job a Forest and could have been a brilliant addition to us last winter (of course, not the star name Moshiri was interested in).
Yeah I wanted us to go for him but no chance, not trendy enough for Moshiri and co sadly.

per Forest discussion. Cooper seems really good at taking underperforming teams and getting them to perform. All about man management and the collective spirit. That can be hard to do when you have a new XI. Top marks for him though in realising what got them here, will not keep them here.

Have you ever stood at a bus stop in town in the rain where everybody else’s buses are coming along, new people are even joining the queue and getting their bus, whilst you stand there, with a brave face on saying to yourself, ‘wait it’ll be here in a minute…’
That’s us waiting for a striker…

I cant see where we are scoring the goals, too late to sign and bed in a striker with some sessions now, especially when you see how Forest performed against a West Ham side which is so superior to ours (See previous posts if you don`t understand that comment, others words not mine).
Forest got absolutely hammered by West Ham mate, they should have conceded a minimum of 4, luckiest result you'll see all season that. Reminded me of Brown shoes Wigan defensively

Status
Not open for further replies.