2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said after the Villa game:
"Gray, Gordon, McNeil - These three cannot score a goal between them and struggled to hold the ball. They are deeply concerning me. Could sell them all and we wouldn't miss them. To say they need to improve would be a huge understatement."

Nobody disagreed with me then. I don't know if people have already forgotten that game a few days on but suddenly I'm seeing so much romanticisation about Gordon that people aren't looking at this potential sale objectively.

There was a thread about us having the worst attack in the league, and nobody was arguing.
Nobody was saying that we had a 50 million world class talent as a third of it.

There was a thread about us having the worst attack in the league, and nobody was arguing.
Nobody was saying that we had a 50 million world class talent as a third of it.
Aye. And if this £50m-rated starboy is as good as his valuation suggests, you'd at the very least fully expect him to be able to produce a few moments of magic in each game, yet he does nothing apart from run into blind alleys and dive on the ground. Haven't seen him take any shots on from range or play any clever offensive passes, like ever. Get him kin sold for the ridiculous money that's on offer.

There's people that desperate on here to get tat like Adams and Gilmour in that they'd accept ten bob for him.
That’s just not true though is it! Generally everyone who thinks Everton should take the money is talking of a minimum of £40m+, there is one exception to that who would take £25m - or fifty million ten bobs in old money!

The sad reality is he's far more likely to reach that potential playing with better players.
People said the same about Barkley, if anything he’s gone backwards! In the current financial position they’ve (the board) mismanaged their way into, I can’t see how Everton can turn down what could be £50m ish based on Gordon’s potential!

If we miss out on a £40mil+ payday for a player who is so over-rated as a playmaker then that's proof if proof was ever needed that the whole Board has gone totally bonkers. Next year his valuation will be half that amount. Pity someone wouldn't give us a similar offer for Gray. Their stats combined still equal a below average player. All puff and no end product.......although I will always appreciate the ball to DCL for the match winner against Palace that alone is no reason to keep expecting better performances from a championship level player.

If we miss out on a £40mil+ payday for a player who is so over-rated as a playmaker then that's proof if proof was ever needed that the whole Board has gone totally bonkers. Next year his valuation will be half that amount. Pity someone wouldn't give us a similar offer for Gray. Their stats combined still equal a below average player. All puff and no end product.......although I will always appreciate the ball to DCL for the match winner against Palace that alone is no reason to keep expecting better performances from a championship level player.
He's only 21 , yes needs to improve he is raw but he's got pace which is everything in the prem. Could be anything he's still a kid get off his back below average player ffs.

That’s just not true though is it! Generally everyone who thinks Everton should take the money is talking of a minimum of £40m+, there is one exception to that who would take £25m - or fifty million ten bobs in old money!
I've read loads of posts on this thread in particular talking about £20M to £30M as being justified.

We look at the lad through blue tinted glasses because he's a bloo la. Yes, I would like to keep him to see if he manages to do better than our other bang average academy breakthroughs, but it's likely that the lad has reached his peak value and we'd be daft not to cash in now.

that no.10 shirt isn't sitting well with me either. It's not his game at all

Status
Not open for further replies.