2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we miss out on a £40mil+ payday for a player who is so over-rated as a playmaker then that's proof if proof was ever needed that the whole Board has gone totally bonkers. Next year his valuation will be half that amount. Pity someone wouldn't give us a similar offer for Gray. Their stats combined still equal a below average player. All puff and no end product.......although I will always appreciate the ball to DCL for the match winner against Palace that alone is no reason to keep expecting better performances from a championship level player.

I still think it’s a facade. I don’t think Chelsea would be stupid enough to really bid 45 million, and there’s just no way that we’d be daft enough to turn it down.

From who though ? What would be the point in that

It gets rid of the perception that Everton are in financial dire straights, a perception that was widely held until very recently. Lets other clubs know that we won’t be entertaining any small time bids for our players.

If I'm given 45m to spend on a player and my options are one of the best players in the championship at his position or one of the worst players in the PL at his position I'm trying to see if the championship player can step up.

It's funny that, as when you look at FBref, Gordon is to 10 percentile at all sorts of things. And top 50 across most areas.

That's one more productive season than Gordon has in any fully professional league!

The downside here is he's not any better this year, we barely survive (or don't in which case we're honestly screwed), and then we're stuck with a below standard player who hasn't gotten better and who is likely not ever getting a bid like that put in again. I'd rather just have the 45m.

What are you talking about "Hasn't got any better"? He has quite clearly improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.