2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RB berth is contested. And that's the way it should be.

Coleman gets at defences a lot more aggressively than Patterson. I think in a game against a lesser team he'll be on the pitch. I've seen nothing from Patterson so far that suggests he's prepared to take on a defender.

I'm not sure its that easy for a young lad to just step up and have the confidence to do everything. He'll be well aware he's not in a Sunday league anymore and the first thing I'd say is to just be comfortable in the team and learn to deal with the extra pressure. I think he's well ahead of schedule.

He's got the right to start a game at the moment. If he plays as well as he did in the derby he'll retain the jersey. If he reverts to the ropey form prior to that he wont.

Coleman is the captain of this club and Lampard respects him and wont deny him his chance again.

When was he ropey? He was injured last year and he's had great form since he broke into the team

Not sure why there's any debate here.

Everyone agrees this a young lad with potential for whom we massively overpaid (as we have done generally under Moshiri).

He also has clear and abundant flaws to his game but very luckily for him has three of the best ever full backs in the Premier League's history to guide him.

For me he needs to be pulled from certain big games to allow Coleman in and let him develop this season.

Erm....have you seen any transfer fees over the last couple of years. In the current market we paid buttons for this lad.

Didn't Lampard call him an icon,in years to come he will be known as the best full back in history at the club.Children will say to their dads what was he like ,and a tear will come in the corner of there eye and they will say .We called him the Warrior because he was fearless in the tackle and great going forward .But even then then there were people who hated him on GRAND OLD TEAM.

It has nothing to do with football mate and everything to do with bigotry.
giphy.gif

Didn't Lampard call him an icon,in years to come he will be known as the best full back in history at the club.Children will say to their dads what was he like ,and a tear will come in the corner of there eye and they will say .We called him the Warrior because he was fearless in the tackle and great going forward .But even then then there were people who hated him on GRAND OLD TEAM.
That's what he said about Coleman.

When was he ropey? He was injured last year and he's had great form since he broke into the team
Erm, before the derby he allowed taps in for goals against Brentford and Forest, went walkabout with Sterling for us to concede a pen against Chelsea and unwittingly juggled the ball around his head and his shoulders not knowing where the hell the ball was.

Maybe that doesn't fall into the definition of 'ropey' to you, but it does for me.

That's what he said about Coleman.

Erm, before the derby he allowed taps in for goals against Brentford and Forest, went walkabout with Sterling for us to concede a pen against Chelsea and unwittingly juggled the ball around his head and his shoulders not knowing where the hell the ball was.

Maybe that doesn't fall into the definition of 'ropey' to you, but it does for me.
Dave were a team in transition...Everyone needs time an patience especially a promising young full back who has looked very good of late.

I can appreciate where you're coming from but also up to now people can only go from what's in front of them and so far he's been good.
You're only as good as your last game and his last game was good. Let's see what Sunday brings...if they let the proles watch footy again, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.