2022/23 Idrissa Gana Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kante is a myth.

He had a solid 2 or 3 years, that's it, he's been finished for a long time now.
Some myth Goat, 2 premier league winners medals, I champions league winners medal, 1 Europa league winners medal,, 1 fa cup winners medal, 1 world cup winners medal and several runners up medals over the course of several seasons....yet, a myth.

Some myth Goat, 2 premier league winners medals, I champions league winners medal, 1 Europa league winners medal,, 1 fa cup winners medal, 1 world cup winners medal and several runners up medals over the course of several seasons....yet, a myth.
He's 'mything' a European Football Championship winners medal

Not just any two premier league winners medals. On both occasions he signed for a team who finished in the bottom half of the prem the previous season and was instrumental in them winning the title the very next.

I remember him being quite conservative on the ball (which is probably a result of having statues next to him not giving him options). There were quite a few times on Saturday though all of the midfield three took every safe options and it one of the few times we actually had a bit of bravery on the ball and moved it quickly through the lines we scored.

Hopefully they all start getting a bit more confidence as they gel together and play forward a bit more.
I seem to recall that in his last season with us he suddenly started showing that he could pass the ball and play a bit as well.

He seems to have brought back composure and a better tempo to his game since PSG.
He has always been a much, much better footballer than some give him credit for.

People have him down as a defensive mid who doesn't go forward but really he is just a good all round player. He doesn't dive into tackles, he waits for the right time to dispossess an opponent, plays simple, sensible passes and is always in the right place to receive a pass and he makes it look so effortless, a really intelligent footballer.

He saw so much of the ball for us in his first spell here that he was bound to lose the ball a few times (law of averages).

Status
Not open for further replies.