£300k fine for Goodison pitch invasion (vs palace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate is a Port Vale fan, they did a pitch invasion on exactly the same night as they had just reached Wembley for the play off final and they have been fined £15,000

It's an absolute disgrace that the Stop Oil kid got 6 weeks in prison, who died and made Putin prime minister? Honestly, that's monstrous!
I think he'd already been done for several other offences. Repeat offences can be taken into account.

Pretty sure he walked free anyway as he'd already done the time on remand.

I think it’s down to those with egos big enough to think they should celebrate goals on the pitch with players during the game, more than the after game mass invasion

The idiots who invaded the pitch after the third goal deserve punishment.

The scenes after the final whistle were amazing and I cant blame anyone for that. It was an emotional outpouring.

Having said all that, if it happens again, we could face more serious punishment. Closure of sections of the ground, playing z as game behind closed doors, or even a points deduction.

It's not that difficult. If you are not playing, stay off the pitch. If you were good enough to be on there then you probably wouldn't be paying to watch ...

“If they believe that financial sanctions are the best way, then we all have to accept it. It’s not something that you see at Everton often, so the FA have made it clear that it’s something which is unacceptable. It’s now time to move on, and hopefully, they will manage the situation in a better way next time.” - Vieira.

This feller should have been charged with assault. I hope that lot are relegated and he's down the road well before then.

Cant wait till we get hold of these in 3 weeks time. Lampard should stick a picture of his stupid 'kin grid to the dressing room wall and walk out without speaking.

“If they believe that financial sanctions are the best way, then we all have to accept it. It’s not something that you see at Everton often, so the FA have made it clear that it’s something which is unacceptable. It’s now time to move on, and hopefully, they will manage the situation in a better way next time.” - Vieira.

This feller should have been charged with assault. I hope that lot are relegated and he's down the road well before then.

Cant wait till we get hold of these in 3 weeks time. Lampard should stick a picture of his stupid 'kin grid to the dressing room wall and walk out without speaking.

He is getting of light. He should be keeping his head down and not commenting.

I know there was a degree of provocation but If a player does that they are banned what did Cantona get 8 months and a criminal charge and stripped of the French captaincy.

I know there was a degree of provocation but If a player does that they are banned what did Cantona get 8 months and a criminal charge and stripped of the French captaincy.
Although I don't fully blame Vieira for flipping in the heat of the moment, I'm surprised the FA still haven't issued some kind of fine for his reaction - he'll know himself that he should have controlled his behaviour as a Premier league manager.

Maybe it's still to come.....at some point.....anytime soon..........

Any other club and it would have been about 30 thousand. The loathing and abuse towards Everton continues in full swing and without any sign of abating any time soon.

He was taken the piss with that comment. He knew what he'd done and he must have been expecting a massive fuss for him having kicked a young fan twice. But he got nothing of the kind off the media who chose to see it all as hooliganism and he got off Scot-free. He is VERY lucky to not have been fined massively himself.

As said: I'd love to seem him get sacked. He's a decent manager but a collosal disaster as a human being. A fragile ego and a massive complex he carries round with him. I'll be following Palace's results with interest this season and hope they get 'kin battered every week...especially in three weeks time at GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.