£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
50 mill for Sigurdsson. Football has gone mad. Surely the bubble is going to burst sooner or later.
We are not paying them 50m when Siggys head has fallen off, they will get what their given and run along.

They will end up with around 40, maybe might get some impossible addons like us winning the CL with him to save face and make it look like a better deal than it actually is.

50 mill for Sigurdsson. Football has gone mad. Surely the bubble is going to burst sooner or later.

Yeh but this money just circulates around, same madness that has handed us good money from Sunderland for a few players and a packet from Watford for Cleverly, the pots just moving around the clubs, as long as we come out of it with a better team its all good.

We are not paying them 50m when Siggys head has fallen off, they will get what their given and run along.

They will end up with around 40, maybe might get some impossible addons like us winning the CL with him to save face and make it look like a better deal than it actually is.

Even 40 mill is too steep for him. But I'm afraid it seems that's the way football is going now. Premier league clubs have more money than sense these days.

Yeh but this money just circulates around, same madness that has handed us good money from Sunderland for a few players and a packet from Watford for Cleverly, the pots just moving around the clubs, as long as we come out of it with a better team its all good.
Yes it is but only if we have a positive net spend, if we actually start investing and paying with fresh money rather than inflated player sales then that's where the problem arises.

Does he do anything other than deliver a good setpiece by the way? His numbers from open play aren't very impressive at all for someone we're looking like spunking 40mill+ on.

£50m's just a tad steep, isn't it?
For that amount of money I'm expecting world class.

No doubt though he would improve us, and if we can keep the difference between Sig In + Ross Out to under 10m then that would be an effective squad upgrade.

Kyle Walker is not world class. Romelu Lukaku is not world class.

The market is mental. Does Gylfi improve us? Yes he does.

He does a lot more than that.

He's a fantastic player.

Meh. Apart from his set-pieces there isn't anything about him that has made me think he's a fantastic player. And for the sort of money being asked for him I'd expect a midfielder with a far better goals and assists return myself.

It's all about opinions though I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back