Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
You actually think he will have fewer set piece opportunities with this team than he did at Swansea? Lol.

Look I have watched him at Swansea and at Iceland. He is far more than just set pieces. Works his tail off and is actually good at football. He has always impressed me and has passed the eye test on numerous occasions. I don't care about the fee. The market is what it is. He will improve us.

Swansea, West Brom and Chelsea scored the most free kick related goals last season. One of them isn't like the other two. Man Utd with their team of 6ft 4 grocks scored half as many as us.

I've watched him too, never been that impressed and do care about the fee. But time will tell. I hope we don't sign him but if he does come in lets hope he proves me completely wrong and scores and assists 20+ every season.

How do you know?
How would they know?

I believe the burden of proof is not on me. I make no claim for the level of salary our players are on. No fan knows it. Maybe Rooney, Schneiderlin, Koeman etc ring them and tell them?

Pure speculation. They haven't got a clue.

To be honest the only two i would query would be Sandro and Klassen that said i would think we might be only talking 10ks here and there.

I think we can widely accept that we have smashed our wage struture and taken on a significant liability annually and likely the business will have to grow to sustain that.

Like i say the figures i think they will come in at annually in wages are 140 - 160 mill wage bill including ammort. Thats a significant investment completely away from net spend, whether the juice is worth the squezze is a different debate mate.

We are now in a market, were City £50 million has been spent on a right back. The market has gone crazy. Sigurdsson is probably worth £50 million in terms of his ability, premier league experience and to Swansea. But he is 28 if doubt he'll have a decent sell on value in a couple of years. Are we in a position to spend this type of money, with the knowledge, in two years time he might only be worth a fraction of that? Could we sweeten the deal for them, with a loan player?
If he helps to get into the Chamuons League then it won't matter if he goes on a Bosman eventually.

I know I put Chamuons League, but after someone put that earlier I decided I prefer it :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back