£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly he is providing balance here in a very concrete way, but raising some excellent points and concerns. I don't wholly disagree with what he's saying, more then the jury is out.

And shies away from responding to sensible, reasonable, points made to him.

He's a WUM and a closet Kopite...

I have, in great detail.

He takes a great set piece, there is a value to that.

However for every set piece he takes for us you have to realise that that takes a goal/assist away from Baines/Barkley/whoever.

So lets say under Sig we score an extra 4 goals from set pieces than we would have otherwise. That would be good, in the PL a goal is worth roughly a point on average. 4 extra points could be CL qualfication.

However we also have to consider open play. In those terms he doesn't produce as much as you would hope 4/5 goals and similar assists in a whole season playing in a front 3.

That is a big problem for me. In open play he is nothing special, even allowing for the team he plays in. When the likes of Wayne Routledge and Marrou Barrow are making twice as many chances over a season, in the same team, as a player we are going to splash £50m on then it is a worry.
Good post, factor in that Rooney also takes a good set piece and you've got to seriously question the sanity of us bidding £40m +

the inconvenient truth.

laughed out loud at this, DaveK by far one of my fav posters as a long time lurker. Excellent pot stirring made me think of this (i really should be working made my morning though)

upload_2017-7-14_10-22-27.webp

Dave is literally flitting between zero net spend and spending to much. Needs to make his flaming mind up. A stain on every topic.

50m is of course massively over paying. Literally everyone is doing that though because that is what football has become. You want the player? Pay the fee.

Haven't loads said before, if we want a player, just offer what it will take and be done with it? Now, when that's happening, we're paying too much. Make up your mind you savages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back