£5m has gone... Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number_25

Wears Tim Cahill pyjamas
18th January 2008 we sold James McFadden for £5,000,000 (£5m)
1st Febuary 2008. We loaned Manuel Fernandes and Gardner. Where the hell did that £5m go? I thought we were going to get a new striker to fill in for McFadden but... :blink:

Manuel Fernandes, We could probably get him for £5m! (n)

All I wan't to know is where's the money going?

Stadium?
Debts?
Wages?
In Mr Kenwright's back pocket?

BK and Bully have today flown out to Barbados for a months debauchery, where do you think its gone.

By the way we do not get money up front all of these are installment deals. In a way I'm pleased we have not panicked bought to the same degree as other clubs. I understand we tried for Joe Ledley from Cardiff for the last three days but they would not budge on an inflated asking price. Moyes has behaved like this in most transfer windows, remember him letting Killer go at the last minute to Wigan, stand firm he knows what he's doing. Incidentally what money is coming in may be needed to pay for Manny in the long term, they have to balance the books, we don't.

BK and Bully have today flown out to Barbados for a months debauchery, where do you think its gone.

By the way we do not get money up front all of these are installment deals. In a way I'm pleased we have not panicked bought to the same degree as other clubs. I understand we tried for Joe Ledley from Cardiff for the last three days but they would not budge on an inflated asking price. Moyes has behaved like this in most transfer windows, remember him letting Killer go at the last minute to Wigan, stand firm he knows what he's doing. Incidentally what money is coming in may be needed to pay for Manny in the long term, they have to balance the books, we don't.

spot on as usual monts, moyes has tended to avoid buying in the January transfer window as its a time for desperates to buy average players for over inflated prices.

Every club struggles at this time of year, but I for one am glad we don't waste buckets of money just for the sake of it.

18th January 2008 we sold James McFadden for £5,000,000 (£5m)
1st Febuary 2008. We loaned Manuel Fernandes and Gardner. Where the hell did that £5m go? I thought we were going to get a new striker to fill in for McFadden but... :blink:

Manuel Fernandes, We could probably get him for £5m! (n)

All I wan't to know is where's the money going?

Stadium?
Debts?
Wages?
In Mr Kenwright's back pocket?

Just because we have brought this money in dosen't mean we have to spend it immediately. There are debts we can service, Wages to be paid, etc as you state. However come the end of the season a budget will be drawn up again stating how much the board whould like to reinvest into the team.

spot on as usual monts, moyes has tended to avoid buying in the January transfer window as its a time for desperates to buy average players for over inflated prices.

Every club struggles at this time of year, but I for one am glad we don't waste buckets of money just for the sake of it.

Fancy a break in Barbados Rob:lol::lol::lol:

What a strange thread. Just because we didnt sign anyone means there is no money available?! Tottenham sold Defoe for £9m and then bought that Brazilian lad (a defender for £2m) I reckon that £7m is gone, they they spent on a new gold plated carpet.

Moyes doesnt pay over the odds for players, money will be available in the ummer when targets are available.

What a stupid thread, Moyes will spend it when he feels he can get the right player in. Moyes has always stated he hates the Jan window

Not to mention the 10+m we bid for Fernandes/Lucho Gonzales in the summer.

I was always under the impression that the money behind the failed 10M bid for Lucho was plowed into gaining the Yak. We didn't get Lucho for 10-12, so then we bid the 8M for Manny (summer) so then onto Yak.

It's not as though we had 18M sitting around for those bids and certinaly not after the Yak was bought. Am I off my rocker?

I was always under the impression that the money behind the failed 10M bid for Lucho was plowed into gaining the Yak. We didn't get Lucho for 10-12, so then we bid the 8M for Manny (summer) so then onto Yak.

It's not as though we had 18M sitting around for those bids and certinaly not after the Yak was bought. Am I off my rocker?

So we would have spent our entire transfer budget on Gonzales or Fernandes and not bought a striker? :unsure:

* Danny * Now that's the question, I suppose. But it seems that we had to get permission from South Africa in order to purchase Gosling recently. The wallet certainly isn't overflowing.

Maybe the plan was for one big splash. One can make the argument that maybe we wouldn't have needed a striker if we had a midfield general like Lucho. The current group would have been improved. Perhaps that was the original plan. It did seem that we were onto a splashy striker purchase only at the last minute.

But we can't argue with the success of having Yak up front. Still would be nice to have the midfield general as well. Since it's not my money, I say we should spend. But I am just not convinced that the money is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back