£85,027,727 in premier league payments but only in 7th place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you chatting now blad?
moat dont want to be drawn in to anything but your suggestion that it is blood money that should be refused was a bit harsh on lfc and the fact that they should refuse it because of murdoch..was a bit severe thats all...we all enjoy the blood money if thats what you are calling it.rather be talking about how everton can spend some of it really and forget about lfc...for now.

There should be PLENTY of money to spend. I just hope it isn't kept aside for a stadium project that is years away from being given planning permission, if it gets planning permission at all, because there will be quite a bit of opposition to the WHP site.

All but two Liverpool away games have been on sky this season, everton in comparison have had 9 away games on tv this season

...its an obvious inbalance, but I suspect this is for business reasons. The global viewing figures for the reds must be higher and as a result more attractive to advertisers. Sky must've been delighted that their games were meaningful. Hence the media love in.

bit harsh that moat.know you are a legend and all that but surely the televising of the prem fills a lot of pockets including the pubs around goodison even on match days..im sure it is also welcome to some of our fans overseas who arent fortunate to attend games...

They are the club with supporters who hate Murdoch, not the pubs round Goodison. Overseas fans (depending on where they are) are unlikely to be using Sky.

...its an obvious inbalance, but I suspect this is for business reasons. The global viewing figures for the reds must be higher and as a result more attractive to advertisers. Sky must've been delighted that their games were meaningful. Hence the media love in.

Is right. Lets face it, the Liverpool title challenge, and subsequent balls up was the story of the season really. Whether any other side mounting an unexpected challenge would get such coverage is another matter. Fact is, they are one of the top global draws for Sky/BT, regardless, so lob in a title chase as well, TV executives wet dream basically.

moat dont want to be drawn in to anything but your suggestion that it is blood money that should be refused was a bit harsh on lfc and the fact that they should refuse it because of murdoch..was a bit severe thats all...we all enjoy the blood money if thats what you are calling it.rather be talking about how everton can spend some of it really and forget about lfc...for now.

My name isnt moat.

Potential turnover approaching £120m if marginal increase in attendances, catering, merchandise sales are taken into account.

Premier League football suddenly becomes an attractive proposition.

...and if the wage/revenue stays within a prudential ratio (50%ish), earnings should be 25-30 mio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back