Status
Not open for further replies.
Great find, nice one.

Loving every minute of it. Weirdly can remember loads more games from 84-85 than this season. Couple of things:

How many penalties did Heath win?

How many penalties did Steven score in the exact same spot on the right.

Boss, boss kits all over the shop.

Two scorchers from Heath - v Sheff Wed and against Norwich from Sheedy's ace scoop.

Just Sheedy.

Proper sold school sound celebrations.

Loads of Everton crosses, I miss them.

Mate there is a lot we all miss. I have faith that our club will come round under what board or management I do not know, but we will come round.

Up to 1 hour 23 minutes now. Like you said @Toffeelover it's really worth watching all the interviews. The ones with Darracott are excellent where he talks about there being about 6-7 leaders on and off the pitch and how the players could change problems during games themselves without needing to wait until half time. Absolutely superb stuff, will watch the last 15 minutes tomorrow

I envy all you who have experienced us winning something, what a time that must of been. Loving hearing stories from my dad, uncle and grandad about Everton in the 80's. I wasn't even 1 when we last won something FFS.

Been a long time since I saw any footage of that season, my first season as a blue. Reminded just how boss Sheedy was. If he'd been playing in today's game he'd have been bigged up as a massive superstar and rightly so. Inchy looked a cracking player too.

great memories, but honestly how good was inchy,, sharpy , andy gray and gary lineker where all revered but jesus what a player that lad was,, underated,, god yes,, look at trevor steven what a midfielder, sheeds, omg,, seen a better left foot since ? I hope our children get to see an Everton team so good and one as good as 85 which was even better,,,,watching that just took an old blue back and realises how far from being there we are now but how proud i am to still tell everyone that will listen,,, i was there
They deserve to be called phenomenal

great memories, but honestly how good was inchy,, sharpy , andy gray and gary lineker where all revered but jesus what a player that lad was,, underated,, god yes,, look at trevor steven what a midfielder, sheeds, omg,, seen a better left foot since ? I hope our children get to see an Everton team so good and one as good as 85 which was even better,,,,watching that just took an old blue back and realises how far from being there we are now but how proud i am to still tell everyone that will listen,,, i was there

So was I Mate and the blues were way out boss. But I also remember the team of the early sixties and they were damned good as well, chuck in that bit for the seventies, oh boy.

Been a long time since I saw any footage of that season, my first season as a blue. Reminded just how boss Sheedy was. If he'd been playing in today's game he'd have been bigged up as a massive superstar and rightly so. Inchy looked a cracking player too.
He was great Inchy,a real pest to opposition defences closing down defenders,buzzing about,Brock down at Oxford summed up what Inchy was all about IMHO.

The comments regarding sheedy are all correct. He had one if the best left pegs I've ever seen playing for Everton.

His quality was immense, and he had a consistently brilliant season in 86/87 when we won the league. However, he was what you'd call a luxury player, and I do remember him in other seasons not being as consistent and at times being a total passenger for large periods of the game before he'd show a glimpse of quality from nowhere. In other games, he wouldn't show anything and just be a passenger!

Still brilliant on his day, and we had plenty of those every season.

Heath was a great player. In 84/85, he was the first of our crop of young players to be mentioned worthy of getting a call up for England. You must remember, the likes of Trevor Steven, Gary Stevens, Peter Reid and Paul bracewell hadn't been called yet at that stage. It was only as our season got better and better that they got their recognition.

Inchy was scoring for fun before that injury, and it was a real shame for him and us that he never played again after December. He was quality.

Luckily for us, Sharpy carried on scoring and ended up with 30 goals but Inchy had already got half that amount by the end of November. Gray had been written into folklore as part of that great 84/85 team, and rightly so, but he probably would have only remained a squad player if Inchy had stayed fit and injury free.

In 85/86, Gray had been sold and we bought lineker. However, Inchy was still a class act coming back from injury. He didn't play loads but chipped in with some important goals, and still ended up well into double figures.

However, it wasn't until 86/87 when lineker was sold that Inchy took his place as a first-team striker again. Ironically, I remember Sharpy not being as prolific that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.