20,000 sign petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
…if people feel strongly about this then they should surely lobby their MPs to pass law to ban betting sponsorship on all sporting merchandise in the U.K. in the same way it has for smoking products.

The club is acting within the guidance of the existing law, they are exploiting this to gain the most favourable investment. If folk want change, then look to change the law.
People have been lobbying on this topic mate. I don’t follow the politics closely , but it is highly likely that there will be a ban on this type of sponsorship on sports merchandise in the next few years.

People have been lobbying on this topic mate. I don’t follow the politics closely , but it is highly likely that there will be a ban on this type of sponsorship on sports merchandise in the next few years.
The BBC are also running the petition story, so it's good this is being highlighted

The clubs on its backside worst season for years talk of a takeover a ground that’s just started being built FFP looking over us and we get a record shirt sponsor and people still moan, not just moan but go and set up a petition. Talk about bollocks I had no idea he was on here and like I wouldn’t of posted it if I did? I’ve also been affected by gambling I’ve been self excluded off almost every site imaginable and if it was a record deal with a alcohol brand no one would have a problem.
Hello again. Watford also said thair Stake deal was a "record". If paid in bitcoin, it is hard to know what it is. Biggest deal not in money? Be good to know what it is worth. I didn't like the Sportpesa deal, or this. Gambling is a personal choice, but the bookie always wins. I would so rather not see it on a blue shirt.

…if people feel strongly about this then they should surely lobby their MPs to pass law to ban betting sponsorship on all sporting merchandise in the U.K. in the same way it has for smoking products.

The club is acting within the guidance of the existing law, they are exploiting this to gain the most favourable investment. If folk want change, then look to change the law.
100% mate I’ve no issue with people campaigning against it but petitioning for Everton to drop a sponsor is barking up the wrong tree.

Good the story is getting coverage. I'd like it to be banned just as tobacco is.

Bad that Everton are being pilloried for it more than most other clubs with similar commercial deals.

Unsurprising given Little Miss Charity had to flap her gums about Sport Pesa and ideal worlds.

Everyone else loves people falling off a high horse.

And that’s the ignorance of gambling ( and alcoholism ) in a nutshell. No, for gambling addicts it isn’t a choice of saying “ Ok I won’t do it then” and it seems you don’t know anything about the number of suicides , broken lives etc caused by gambling addiction .

Thanks for the info though, i ve now signed the petition.

Edit : https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petiti...-shirt-to-advertise-harmful-gambling-products
I’m fully aware of the impact of both thanks, if you cared to read through the whole thread you’d of seen how I’ve been impacted by both. It’s like any addiction you’ve got to want to stop otherwise you’ll never take the first steps but I don’t see gambling as hard as a substance addiction to stop using. Waste of time signing it tho if it was a petition towards the government and how these horrible firms operate I’d sign it myself. I can’t gamble without either spending every penny or having a big win the first one is the most likely outcome so guess what I don’t gamble anymore.

Good advice for following Le Ev in general

180FF974-A289-4255-AD14-D2550045AB87.jpeg

I’m fully aware of the impact of both thanks, if you cared to read through the whole thread you’d of seen how I’ve been impacted by both. It’s like any addiction you’ve got to want to stop otherwise you’ll never take the first steps but I don’t see gambling as hard as a substance addiction to stop using. Waste of time signing it tho if it was a petition towards the government and how these horrible firms operate I’d sign it myself. I can’t gamble without either spending every penny or having a big win the first one is the most likely outcome so guess what I don’t gamble anymore.
Really ? No I haven’t read the whole thread, but youre the one who called out “ 20,000 losers “ and said “ Don’t do it then it’s a choice ” . That’s what I was replying to. If you are genuinely sympathetic towards gambling addiction and I’ve missed this then I apologise, but your words didn't reflect that.

Really ? No I haven’t read the whole thread, but youre the one who called out “ 20,000 losers “ and said “ Don’t do it then it’s a choice ” . That’s what I was replying to. If you are genuinely sympathetic towards gambling addiction and I’ve missed this then I apologise, but your words didn't reflect that.
Losers was meant as in had lost to the bookies. It was tongue in cheek if anyone who’s signed the petition then goes and has a bet which I’m sure a lot of them do it’s kind of hypocritical and if they feel so strongly about gambling sponsorships on our shirt then surely if they looked into the strategies these companies use to entice the user they know their target audience and push deals and adverts towards their target audience then surely they should be petitioning to the government not Everton to drop a shirt sponsor cause even if that happened it’s having zero impact on stake they will just move on the the next and then who’s our next sponsor we aren’t in a position to be turning record deals down unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.