2024/25 Relegation Thread

It's horses for courses. He was brought in and remains in the job to ensure we stay up. He has fulfilled that brief for 2 years running, despite some horrendous circumstances.

His face will never really fit here and I'd imagine he understands that as much as anyone. If we were destined to lose both of these games then I would rather we did so with Dyche and the squad trying to show something better than this given the pressure is lesser at this stage of the season. It's like they have to have a crisis to perform.

If we were moving to a new stadium with a new owner ready to invest where PSR and cash flow were not concerns, then in a more ambitious environment I wouldn't want him here. He is too limited for a club with ambition. The problem is we don't have any so until that changes it's hard to see a material gain in another change other than the very unreliable new manager bounce.

A combination of things has led to a very poor start;
  1. Olise, Andersen, Ayew all sold, all excellent, experienced PL players and good professionals.
  2. The Henderson / Johnstone farrago. Glasner wants Henderson because he is better with his feet. True, but Johnstone is much better with his hands FFS. The defence look much more assured with Johnstone behind them.
  3. We have bought in some talented but inexperienced players; Kamada, Riad and the more experienced Sarr. The first two look like they will probably come good but are a bit wobbly at the moment. Sarr will be OK if he keeps his head on straight.
  4. Glasnerball; Last season the opposition were WTF? How do we combat this? Brentford and WHU had worked us out and all the goals they scored came the same way. (No, I won't tell you what it is :lol:)
  5. Lack of goals; Edouard is hopeless, all we have is Mateta who looks tired after his Olympic exploits with France. We desperately need a goal scorer.
  6. Eze; Looks out of place in the Glasner system, it's almost like he has been told, don't worry, just go out and do your stuff, everyone else will do the rest. That works when Eze is on it but his decision making has gone badly wrong, he is hanging on to the ball too long and losing it and taking too long to get his shots off. We need to find a way of incorporating our most creative player.
  7. We are down to the last week of the window and everyone knows we're desperate. Parish will not deviate from the model, which has proved successful in the past and kept the club debt free and on an even keel after two administrations this century. But the gap between the competitive clubs and the rest is getting bigger and when you look at what Forest and Fulham are spending that's two more we can't compete with. Very frustrating but not (yet) expecting to go down.
Yeah but you must be happy to see your friends at Brighton splashing the cash and doing so well 😂

Last season opener was a defeat to Fulham (0-1) followed by a thrashing at Villa (4-0). So a similar start this season. First win last year was in the EFL Cup against Doncaster which was after a further home defeat against Wolves in the PL. Hopefully we can dispatch Doncaster Tuesday and then Bournemouth Saturday which would be a better start to last season. No worries ;)
We battered fullham and wolves tbh, we looked decent and created chances. We've looked sharp for a grand total of 25mins so far this season and had 2 shots on target over 180 mins. I don't care how good Brighton and spurs are, 2 shots on target over 2 games and shipping 7 is embarrassing.

All good points from someone more in the know than me but I can't help thinking the Eze shout is a bit harsh though. He was very unlucky not to score in both games. Eduoard holding his run a couple of centimetres and he had an assist too. He did score against Brentford. If that wasn't wrongfully ruled out by the refs own admission I doubt Brentford would've got a foothold in the game. Didn't watch yesterday other than highlights but heard it was disappointing alright. Presumably Eduoard and Mateta both starting will be an exception rather than the rule? I can't see ye anywhere near relegation this year despite losing such key players
Yes, usually only one out and out striker. We didn't play badly yesterday but it's small margins, a player slightly out of position here, a missed tackle there, the general feeling being that the players sold would not have let that happen. Short term it's a problem, long term, if the acquisitions fit in, the right thing to do. It's not long ago that the average age of the squad was c30, that can't be allowed to happen again.

Yeah but you must be happy to see your friends at Brighton splashing the cash and doing so well 😂
Meh, early days. The vermin are making some sickeningly good acquisitions though. Finishing in their natural place (below us) last season has panicked them into even greater spurious cash splashing, the South Coast Man City.

There is no escape this time.

Instead of sullying the once good name of Everton with relegation, I’d hope whoever owns us in December sacks all the players and staff, and melts Goodison Park down, compacts it in to a cube and ships it off to be stored in a crate in a huge, anonymous warehouse somewhere in the jungles of Latin America.

Don’t fulfil any remaining fixtures, just cease all trading and activity completely and release a brief statement saying Everton doesn’t exist any more. Therefore, no relegation and no further suffering and we can all move on with our lives.

Fast forward a billion years, and a crazy, mad-weird future civilisation unearths the cube-in-a-crate, which has been allowed to fester in negativity for countless millennia, inadvertently unleashing a plague of misery and voodoo on their great, utopian society.

“Boomanji”

A reptilian descendant of Joe Pesci to play Farhad Moshiri.

Having reflected on that s£!t show yesterday, I really don't know where we go from here. Sack Dyche and bring Moyes in? Moyes for me is outdated as a manager as well. I'm not really up on international football so I really don't know who else is out there. I know one thing for sure, this dross can't go on for much longer.

Having reflected on that s£!t show yesterday, I really don't know where we go from here. Sack Dyche and bring Moyes in? Moyes for me is outdated as a manager as well. I'm not really up on international football so I really don't know who else is out there. I know one thing for sure, this dross can't go on for much longer.
Moyes would be much better imo. Not hard at this point though.

A combination of things has led to a very poor start;
  1. Olise, Andersen, Ayew all sold, all excellent, experienced PL players and good professionals.
  2. The Henderson / Johnstone farrago. Glasner wants Henderson because he is better with his feet. True, but Johnstone is much better with his hands FFS. The defence look much more assured with Johnstone behind them.
  3. We have bought in some talented but inexperienced players; Kamada, Riad and the more experienced Sarr. The first two look like they will probably come good but are a bit wobbly at the moment. Sarr will be OK if he keeps his head on straight.
  4. Glasnerball; Last season the opposition were WTF? How do we combat this? Brentford and WHU had worked us out and all the goals they scored came the same way. (No, I won't tell you what it is :lol:)
  5. Lack of goals; Edouard is hopeless, all we have is Mateta who looks tired after his Olympic exploits with France. We desperately need a goal scorer.
  6. Eze; Looks out of place in the Glasner system, it's almost like he has been told, don't worry, just go out and do your stuff, everyone else will do the rest. That works when Eze is on it but his decision making has gone badly wrong, he is hanging on to the ball too long and losing it and taking too long to get his shots off. We need to find a way of incorporating our most creative player.
  7. We are down to the last week of the window and everyone knows we're desperate. Parish will not deviate from the model, which has proved successful in the past and kept the club debt free and on an even keel after two administrations this century. But the gap between the competitive clubs and the rest is getting bigger and when you look at what Forest and Fulham are spending that's two more we can't compete with. Very frustrating but not (yet) expecting to go down.
Imagine the fume on here if we'd sold Tarks (Andersen ) ,were prepared to sell Branthwaite for the right price ( Guehi) and sold DCL (Olise who is miles better ) and replaced them with players that nobody has heard of.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back