2024/25 Relegation Thread

I'm still confident of us beating the drop again this season. With or without Dyche around. Different season, same old story. We're crap but survive due to the bottom five being equally/even more inept and a tiny purple patch pushing us over the line. Tedious, repetitive garbage that will no doubt be passed off as an achievement and something to "build on" until we find ourselves in the exact same position next season.

If he keeps blaming the players and not shouldering any of the blame himself mate then he will lose the dressing room, that's if he hasn't already started losing some of those players.

I dont think there's a danger of that. He's a good man-manager. Tarkowski won't allow that to happen and he's very influential...as is Coleman who also supports Dyche.

We dont have to worry about players tanking games to get shut of Dyche. They'll give him everything they've got.

I'm still confident of us beating the drop again this season. With or without Dyche around. Different season, same old story. We're crap but survive due to the bottom five being equally/even more inept and a tiny purple patch pushing us over the line. Tedious, repetitive garbage that will no doubt be passed off as an achievement and something to "build on" until we find ourselves in the exact same position next season.

i agree and even if we do sack him

it will be a temp and we carry on being a basket case

Do you agree the promoted clubs complete garbage though?

I mean they've not registered a win in freaking 9 games between them. Out of a total of 27 points they aquired a total of 2 points between them.

As bad as we are we sstill have a great chance to stay up again,

Still got a points deduction over our heads.

Can't see us getting anything until October points wise either. Next 4 games are:

Villa Leicester away
Palace Newcastle home

Still difficult to say with the new sides as it does take time to bed in, especially with lots of new players.
Ipswich were never getting anything from Man City and Liverpool, just like 2/3 of the league wouldn’t, so a bit unfair to judge there.

I am getting more Forest / Bournemouth vibes from two seasons a go than Luton / Sheff Utd from the newcomers though. I think the awfulness of last seasons three promoted sides has lulled a lot of people into a false sense of security, but Luton / Sheff Utd, who seemed to do very little to bolster their squads at the start, were clearly out of their depth from the get go. Burnley perhaps could’ve done better with a less stubborn manager who was more interested in playing style than actually getting points. I think the 3 sides last year only managed 1 win between them in something like the first 10 matches, so we’re pretty far from that point yet.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back