2024/25 Relegation Thread

Because he doesn't want to load a difficult opponent on the first day and a possible deflating home defeat on the lad.

He''ll start him away from home I would think.
Do you really think that Dyche has this much fore-taught into a situation.. Brighton at home isn't a difficult opponent we'd have won that game if we didn't bother with Young and Keane.

Its not my job to reassure anyone. There were few positives to be taken from today apart from Tim looking like he could be half decent. I just know that the lads i know who go the game dont sit about crowing on an Everton forum about the fact that we could be in for a long season for the sake of a few cheap laughs is all. Theres enough outside forces ready and willing to have a go at how poor were without our own so called supporters doing it with such delight as per usual on here.

We’ve got a hideous lack of quality upfront and some glaring individual liabilities in defence. Always going to be in relegation battles with a mix like that.

If we went down I reckon Pickford, Branthwaite and Tarks would be off. Who is good enough from the rest of the squad to win the Championship?

Branthwaite: it's touch and go but I'd put trust in O'Brien and take the chance to bring in a proven goalscorer and RFB.

We really are desperate for both. It doesn't make sense to sign O'Brien as well as keep Branthwaite...not for a club desperate to use resources to cover threadbare positions.
It doesn't make sense. But that's why we are where we are with these clowns.

Selling Branthwaite means Championship football. Today underlined that definitively.

Quite frankly, we just don't have the quality of other teams. We are still missing Richarlison, Onana and Gordon. How we stayed up last season... I will never know. And our best player, Branthwaite, was of course out injured today.

This season.... we, as fans, will have to be the 12th man that we were last season when we hammered Newcastle and Chelsea at Goodison.

I don't want our first season in our magnificent new stadium to be in the lower leagues.
We will defy the critics once again.

We will be safe and our first game in our new stadium will be in the top-flight.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back