2024/25 Relegation Thread

Same points as us last season. Brighton are an average PL side. Losing 0-3 to them at home is a disgrace.
They are currently a better team than us especially in attacking areas but I agree our performance was shocking. That being said its not a surprise when he only starts one new addition starts liabilities like Keane and Young and we are without a key player like Branthwaite who is our pace at the back and Garner who like him or not usually starts for us.

Man for man, we're actually stronger this season than last. Minus Onana, plus O'Brien, Lindstrom and Ndiaye.

That being said, as demonstrated yesterday, the manager can hijack and undo all of that with his obsessive behaviour towards certain players.

He hasn't learned lessons from last season - if he had then he wouldn't have started with that XI yesterday. We can only hope he immediately realises and drops Doucoure, Harrison and Keane for Spurs in place of Ndiaye, Lindstrom and O'Brien.

We all know he won't, though. So that'll be two games forfeited already.

Basically anybody aside from Holgate or Keane should be at right back. Who is our most promising youngster there?

The failure to call on u23 players to give them an opportunity over PROVEN losers like Holgate is infuriating. It's not possible for them to be substantially worse than him.

So, we should be easily safe this season, IF the manager decides to use his squad properly. Going off yesterday though he's going to make it much harder than it needs to be.

As the regulars in here will know the last 2 seasons I banged the optimistic drum in here and thankfully we survived two relegation battles.
I came Into this season thinking the squad will get sorted and we'll have an improved one we can all have confidence in and the pressure will be off.
I now look at things and apart from Branthwaite's return there doesn't seem like there's anything to look forward to.
I don't know whether I'm war weary in here or just becoming more of a miserable old git but could somebody please enthuse me with confidence and tell me why we won't get relegated this season thank you.

As the regulars in here will know the last 2 seasons I banged the optimistic drum in here and thankfully we survived two relegation battles.
I came Into this season thinking the squad will get sorted and we'll have an improved one we can all have confidence in and the pressure will be off.
I now look at things and apart from Branthwaite's return there doesn't seem like there's anything to look forward to.
I don't know whether I'm war weary in here or just becoming more of a miserable old git but could somebody please enthuse me with confidence and tell me why we won't get relegated this season thank you.
It’s one game, if it’s this bad after 10, then my optimism will be gone.

Problem is, it’s the hope that kills you. And we all hoped we would be a bit better. But it looks like we will be in the same position as last year.

Everton last season with the tarkowski/branthwaite partnership was crucial.
Chuck michael keane in there and you can almost guarentee 2, 3 or 4 goals conceded every game.
Scoring goals never kept us up last year. The 4th best defence in the league did.
Going back to Keane is like throwing a grenade into the room. Instant collapse of what kept Everton up.

I'm not past caring, but I'm fed up with this version of Everton. The one that has us starting the season every year bottom, and finishing with a relegation threat.
I'm fed up of some fans having a go at other fans because they dare to want more than this and citicism of the manager heaven forbid that. I'm fed up with Everton being an embarrassment season after season. Don't get me started on the manager. I wish he'd just go. Pack his bags and go. It's not going to happen little will change and we'll dust ourselves down for the next match.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back