#27 Years/NSNOW/#AllTogetherNow Fan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyC

Staff member
This notice was issued earlier by the 27 Years Campaign…

PRESS RELEASE from 27 Campaign. Fan protest Goodison Park Saturday 23rd July 12 Noon BST

The 27 Campaign have organised a fan protest on Saturday 23rd July near the Holy Trinity statue, Goodison Park, starting at 12 noon.

The campaign continues to ask Farhad Moshiri to Engage, Listen and Act. It is important to understand why the Campaign focuses on Farhad Moshiri.

As the 94% shareholder he is the person responsible for appointing the Chairman and board of Everton FC.
The 27 Campaign believe that the current leadership of Everton including the Chairman, board and executive, fall well below the requirements of a modern football club, in terms of skills, commercial experience, governance and ambition.

This conclusion is evidenced by the complete mismanagement of footballing operations (only now being addressed through Kevin Thelwell, Frank Lampard and his team), the financial performance of the club (leading to record losses & significant restrictions on current and future transfer activities) and concerns over the future ownership and funding of the club including Bramley-Moore stadium.

More timely, with only two weeks to the start of the season, the club finds itself struggling in the transfer market, having sold its key playing asset in Richarlison and no indications of the squad strengthening desperately needed by the manager and fans.

Recent responses issued by the club on behalf of Farhad Moshiri have failed to allay concerns. They do not represent engagement and show no evidence of him listening to the concerns of many fans.

The protest on Saturday is timed to provide a reminder to Farhad Moshiri of many fan’s concerns. It’s also set for the last available weekend before the start of the new season.

The 27 Campaign does not believe with the scheduled “Match for Peace” friendly versus Dynamo Kyiv next Friday, that it would be appropriate to hold a protest around what is a high profile, highly charged and important football match with a significance far beyond a pre-season friendly.

The Campaign calls on as many Evertonians as possible to demonstrate their concern over the running of the football club under Farhad Moshiri and his board.

We ask that it is a protest that demonstrates the best of all Evertonians, passionate objections to the manner in which the club is led whilst providing full hearted, fanatical support for the manager and our players.

The team will need our support throughout another potentially testing season, the club requires the support of all Evertonians in getting Farhad Moshiri to Engage, Listen and Act.

The Act ultimately is either replacing the board and executive team (including Chairman) or allowing new owners to purchase the club and provide the leadership and direction so desperately needed.

Lampard performed a miracle by unifying the club last season. This lot are going to derail that.

Changes have been implemented and imo fans should see how they play out before protesting.
What changes?

Weve sold our best player and reinvested £0

And pretty much everyone supports Lampard bar a few who have wanted him to fail from day 1

I did struggle to understand the Act request. I see it’s just the modern day version of singing the classic “sack the board”.

Can’t argue with that. Hopefully they communicate the message clearly but respectfully. We are defo finishing this transfer window with the current owner and his piggy bank.

Good. Nobody on the board should be sitting comfortably after surviving by the barest of threads. It's possible that we're well on our way to righting wrongs of the past, but the people who committed those wrongs are still in charge and have seen no consequences. We're stumbling towards a potential disaster, so personally I think the timing couldn't better. Send a message while the transfer window is still open, and remind the board that surviving relegation isn't enough to appease the fans.

Unfortunately it's a tough balance, in protesting the board and owner but supporting the manager and players. It's really difficult to send both messages simultaneously. At least with this plan it's not on match day.

What changes?

And pretty much everyone supports Lampard bar a few who have wanted him to fail from day 1
New DoF, gave Unsworth and Dunc the chop like many wanted for years. Prob a few more I can't remember, didn't Cahill implement some?

If we can't spend because of profit and sustainability rules then no protest will change that.

No one is happy with how the club has been ran, and I was supportive of protests that happened around mid-season last season I just feel right now isn't a good time especially with all the good work Lampard done to unite the club.

Lampard performed a miracle by unifying the club last season. This lot are going to derail that.

Changes have been implemented and imo fans should see how they play out before protesting.
What changes ? Same loser that’s been on the board since 1989
Is still running the show ,the fact that Lampard and Thelwell had to basically start from scratch behind the scenes shows the utter neglect this reprehensible board have been responsible for

The statement makes it perfectly clear that this is not directed at the players nor the manager / coaching staff. It even elaborates on the fact that the team needs our support more than ever next year.

The protest is quite rightly directed at the complete mismanagement of the club at board level and the repercussions we have all had to suffer these last 27 years. We can let it lie as it is, but even for a very tolerable person (I would like to think!) I for one, have had enough of it.

If any of the players / coaching staff take even the slightest offence to the sentiment behind this protest, when it is clearly directed elsewhere, then they can ride off into the sunset with the incompetent heirachy as well, because I for one don't want characters this sensitive representing our club on the playing/ coaching staff.

New DoF, gave Unsworth and Dunc the chop like many wanted for years. Prob a few more I can't remember, didn't Cahill implement some?

If we can't spend because of profit and sustainability rules then no protest will change that.

No one is happy with how the club has been ran, and I was supportive of protests that happened around mid-season last season I just feel right now isn't a good time especially with all the good work Lampard done to unite the club.
We need board room changes. I dont think Dunc or Unsy are really going to change how the club is ran

I dont really understand your concerns. The protest is not aimed at the manager or players. Everyone showed they will get behind them last season.

What changes?

Whilst I agree Lampard and Thelwell have began to make some promising changes to the club structure, the board are exactly the same individuals who have demonstrated time and time again that they’re not fit for purpose.

In any other business, they would have had the common decency to resign or they’d have been removed.

I personally have no issue with the protest, Moshiri needs to appoint skilled individuals with ideas to drive the club forward, their solution was to appoint Graeme Sharpe, that says all you need to know.

While a chairman comes out and tells us all we’ve had good times while we’ve watched the RS win every major honour you can while we’ve not won a pot in 28 years there won’t ever be unity , won’t it be great to wake up one day and we’re now longer at the behest of this egotistical maniac

The only thing that will derail what Lampard has achieved is if the current board remain where it is.

Imagine if we get off to a bad start, what will the board do replace Frank, then bring someone else in to have exactly the same squad and problems

We need board room changes. I dont think Dunc or Unsy are really going to change how the club is ran

I dont really understand your concerns. The protest is not aimed at the manager or players. Everyone showed they will get behind them last season.

Unfortunately I don't think a protest will change that either.

My concern is I can't see it changing anything at this point in time other than turn fans against each other once again and we see a return of a toxic atmosphere.

Just my opinion, I've got no issue with anyone that wants to protest on Sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.