#27 Years/NSNOW/#AllTogetherNow Fan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reality mate, we took the fee for Richarlison to appease the Profit & Sustainability Rules deadline of June 30th, not specifically for transfers.

That’s a bit harsh mate, it serves both purposes, think we knew this was Richarlison last season a year before he left.

Not a fan of how the club is being run under Moshiri, but player trading is inevitable, profit and sustainability aside, if it wasn’t an issue Richarlison would have left.

That’s a bit harsh mate, it serves both purposes, think we knew this was Richarlison last season a year before he left.
It's not harsh mate.
We were out of kilter on the P&S rules and had to sell.
Yes, we've known that unless we got into Europe we would lose Richarlison as he said he wanted to play in Europe before Ancelotti left.
We had no other realistic asset to sell in June to raise the amount needed to appease P&S, so the 'easy' option was to sell a player we knew wanted to play at a higher level than we could provide, and who we knew would raise a decent/very good fee.
The disappointment is that having known for two years that unless we made Europe we would lose Richarlison, the 'effort' to find as best a replacement striker as possible was too little, too late.
We have to hope that Maupay can bag a few and that the rest of the squad chip in and take whatever chances we can forge until such time at DVL is 100% fit and ready to lead the line.

It's not harsh mate.
Yes, we've known that unless we got into Europe we would lose Richarlison as he said he wanted to play in Europe before Ancelotti left.
We had no other realistic asset to sell in June to raise the amount needed to appease P&S, so the 'easy' option was to sell a player we knew wanted to play at a higher level than we could provide, and who we knew would raise a decent/very good fee.
The disappointment is that having known for two years that unless we made Europe we would lose Richarlison, the 'effort' to find as best a replacement striker as possible was too little, too late.
We have to hope that Maupay can bag a few and that the rest of the squad chip in and take whatever chances we can forge until such time at DVL is 100% fit and ready to lead the line.

I think we are on the same page mate, it was inevitable anyway without P/S and I think the club and even us for a long time knew it was happening, I don’t think it’s unreasonable not to budget for it within the limits of P/S it prob enabled the Jan and part of this, to give us the best chance in each context.

As I say I’m not a fan of how the club is run by Moshiri - it’s a basket case - but even now - we may have a working knowledge that DCL or Gordon will leave in one or two windows and are budgeting and scouting around mitigation. I think that’s just sensible.

They’ve clearly taken a step back which is good news,they still allowed us to wipe 5 games off the season due to having no suitable striker
Yeah but now they do have center halves, they do have central midfielders, so I'm afraid, your talking nonsense, especially when you add on too that sorting both full backs previously.

Defence and midfield definitely stronger - still concerns over how many goals we'll score and quite where they'll come from.
Will need to be an all-round effort from everyone to take their chances while we get Dominic Calvert-Lewin fit to lead the line.
Much as I was all over it on Saturday...and I was, with green shoots, baby steps, lights at ends of tunnels, swallows at summer time etc. If were  are on up, this is, after all, still Le Ev, there will be off days
So, with that firmly at the front of our minds -
One
Game
At
A
Time.

That said - as a basic foundation, you couldn't fault it.

Edit; don't start with all the clever tinkerman rubbish Frank

What happened? Heard it revolves around some letter to the club or something? Died on its backside this.
It's honestly unclear. Lots of finger pointing going on right now and it's pretty murky.

Yes, their seems to have been a letter sent to Kenyon from 'someone' involved in the campaign. Without seeing the letter I wouldn't like to speculate on its exact content.

Some previously vocal members of the campaign have said they're no longer involved, others are keeping quiet, others are accusing the whistle blower of being a hypocrite.

Maybe the best strategy is to keep quiet and hope it blows over? Personally I think they should get out there and say exactly what went on, no matter how uncomfortable it makes them feel. It would show integrity and transparency, the latter being something they have been accused of lacking for months.

I had high hopes but as you say, it's now on its backside.

It's honestly unclear. Lots of finger pointing going on right now and it's pretty murky.

Yes, their seems to have been a letter sent to Kenyon from 'someone' involved in the campaign. Without seeing the letter I wouldn't like to speculate on its exact content.

Some previously vocal members of the campaign have said they're no longer involved, others are keeping quiet, others are accusing the whistle blower of being a hypocrite.

Maybe the best strategy is to keep quiet and hope it blows over? Personally I think they should get out there and say exactly what went on, no matter how uncomfortable it makes them feel. It would show integrity and transparency, the latter being something they have been accused of lacking for months.

I had high hopes but as you say, it's now on its backside.
This is exactly my thinking on the matter.

If there were people involved from the 27 campaign who sent this letter (the content of which has upset some people), you'd hope they'd show the same transparency they're demanding from the club and admit publicly to what they've done here (given it allegedly directly affects fellow Evertonians).

Defence and midfield definitely stronger - still concerns over how many goals we'll score and quite where they'll come from.
Will need to be an all-round effort from everyone to take their chances while we get Dominic Calvert-Lewin fit to lead the line.
The team has more energy and is showing fight but the goals issue is not going away any time soon with the options we have. We have only scored 4 goals so far in 6 games. Brighton scored more goals than that yesterday.

The manager is doing his job but he's got a thankless task because the recruitment was all over the place in the summer and ignored the key priority.

The team has more energy and is showing fight but the goals issue is not going away any time soon with the options we have. We have only scored 4 goals so far in 6 games. Brighton scored more goals than that yesterday.

The manager is doing his job but he's got a thankless task because the recruitment was all over the place in the summer and ignored the key priority.
I just hope that because we had so much to do to give the squad some back bone that a complete overhaul wasn't possible.
You would assume that the options available up front did not come up to the standard required .
Scoring goals will be a problem but if we are strong in defence we only need to score one more than the opposition.
As for the 27 year campaign though I agree with the motives behind it the name was always badly thought out and to be honest the protests so far have had little or no impact.
The fact is Kenwright has the skin of a rinosorous and won't leave the club till he is carried out.
As for Moshiri he has done a great job with the ground move the main issues with him is failing to oust Kenwright ( but I honestly believe that is tied into BMD as part of the deal) also his interference has to stop , hopefully the penny has finally dropped and he will let Lampard and Thelwell do there job.
I see little point at protests at this stage we need to be all pulling in the same direction as that's when we are strongest.

It's not harsh mate.
Yes the club were definitely at fault in not bringing a new striker in with the ample time they had to do so, as you point out. Hopefully the club is being run from outside the boardroom with Thelwell dong the transfer business and even then I thought we could have another striker in on loan alongside Maupay who, despite his chance to become a hero in the Derby game, will prove to be a decent acquisitio.

Status
Not open for further replies.