4-2-3-1 - the bane of our footballing existence

How do you feel about our 4-2-3-1 formation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azza

Player Valuation: £80m
This has been going on for far too long now.

Midfield 2 are always too deep and basically ineffective when attacking yet some how when we're defending too.

Striker is always isolated - even though he should have a number 10 close to link up with yet they are never there.

Wingers who rarely beat their man try and cross to an isolated striker. When it's DCL it's even worse because be can't make a run to attack the ball.

Absolutely zero link up between the midfield and the attacking 4 and cavernous space between meaning the opposition has no problem getting in between.

This has been going on for far too long now.

Midfield 2 are always too deep and basically ineffective when attacking yet some how when we're defending too.

Striker is always isolated - even though he should have a number 10 close to link up with yet they are never there.

Wingers who rarely beat their man try and cross to an isolated striker. When it's DCL it's even worse because be can't make a run to attack the ball.

Absolutely zero link up between the midfield and the attacking 4 and cavernous space between meaning the opposition has no problem getting in between.

The obsession with the defensive midfielder is ridiculous. Especially when the players we put in that role are so limited. Beyond all that though, I genuinely think the real problem is we aren't good enough.

It's not working but it's fashionable. We need to mix it up for a few games and see where it takes us. I haven't been a fan of 442 for a long time but I think our players would suit it. I'd make big changes for the next game:

Pickford
Sidibe Keane Mina Digne
Bernard Gomes Delph Iwobi
DCL Kean

It's not working but it's fashionable. We need to mix it up for a few games and see where it takes us. I haven't been a fan of 442 for a long time but I think our players would suit it. I'd make big changes for the next game:

Pickford
Sidibe Keane Mina Digne
Bernard Gomes Delph Iwobi
DCL Kean

Koff

Liverpool worked it well with Mascherano and Alonso, but we haven’t made it look good since Barry and McCarthy in Martinez’s first season.

Fo tree tree.

Back line is obvious at the moment. Maybe sans Coleman.

My choice of midfield would have Gbamin playing deep, Gomes working the whole field and Iwobi carrying the ball.

Forwards of Kean, Bernard and Richarlison.

Status
Not open for further replies.