4 more players ... it's official

Status
Not open for further replies.

News | News Archive | Moyes Targets Four | http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/moyes-targets-four.html?page_id=trail
efc__1250261024_moyes450.jpg

Moyes Targets Four

by Scott McLeod | Thursday 20 August 2009, 23:12

David Moyes has set his sights on four new signings before the close of the transfer window.
Everton have 11 days left in which to conduct their transfer business before the window closes until January.
Brazilian striker Jo is currently the only senior addition to the Everton ranks this summer.
But the Goodison chief admits he needs more numbers in his squad if the Blues are to continue their assault on domestic and European trophies.
He told evertonfc.com: "I want to be in the Europa League because if we get through (to the group stage) there are big games. But the squad depth is a definite concern. We are getting closer, but I've been saying that since the weekend. There are 11 days to go and I feel we need to add four players to the squad in that time.
"I keep thinking we are closer to making a signing. But I can see the deadline coming closer and normally I am glad when it shuts, but on this occasion I would like to extend it.
"I feel that if we are fortunate enough to get into the group stage of the Europa League that we need at least another four players in order to fulfill the Premier League season as well."
However, the Goodison chief insists that, whilst time is running out to make signings, he will not bolster his squad with players not up to the high standards his side has set in recent seasons.
He explained: "We need to bolster the squad but I don't want to fill it with rubbish. It is easy to sign players and bring them in, but we are a Club that wants a very good team and not just an average team."

Didn't we bring in Lescott? and or Baines? (Celebratory lagers not helping the small amount of grey matter) He appeared capable of doing a job. Krancjar wants out of pompey and has less than 12 months on his contract. Two wingers would sort us nicely, options and being able to rotate Pienaar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back