4 more players ... it's official

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 players in 10 days? Someone had better get a move on, by the time we've watched and monitored and checked and monitored a bit more...... it'll be ' almost everything was in place but we couldnt quite get it completed before the deadline'.

so far - none in 40 something days?

Obviously saving the best 'til last!

Soz guys, I'm being a bit negative but this is my way of not getting my hopes up to see them crushed as each day passes.

Also brassed off cos I can't go to the games anymore and had to watch it on EvertonTV.:(

I kind of agree with you Bluelass, but I will play along anyway,

Benaga - on loan
Taylor - £6m from Newcastle
Distin - £5m from Portsmouth
Petrov - from Man City as part of the lescott deal

Taylor - 7m
Banega - Loan (benchwarmer)
Bystov - 10m
Senderos - 4.5m

Lescott out - £18m + Petrov

According to one paper, SSN suggest we are looking at sylvain distin.
Not looking good for Portsmouth.

Last edited:

Yes - he's pretty [Poor language removed].

Dont rate him at all and he's not the player that he was at Boca.

Hopefully Moyes will do his usual wonders, but I think the Prem will be too fast and physical for him (being that he found spanish football too fast and physical).

Taylor - 7m
Banega - Loan (benchwarmer)
Bystov - 10m
Senderos - 4.5m

Lescott out - £18m + Petrov

Have you seen the lad? If we get the work permit i'd definitely expect him to be more than a benchwarmer. From what i've seen of him I for one have very high expectation of him

Hopefully Moyes will do his usual wonders, but I think the Prem will be too fast and physical for him (being that he found spanish football too fast and physical).

Hes 21, you have admitted he was a good player for Boca and yet you still want to write him off, great post mate.

im 100% sure that moyes will get the best out of banega.him and mikel in the center midfield would be immense...its about time ossie and hibbs take a spell on the bench, 2 wonder goals the whole seasons are not enough from ossie in a season he needs to work on his passing

Kopite.

I just cant see him working out - he's taken an age to adjust to the spanish game (unsucessfully or else we wouldn't be getting him) and we get him for a years loan. A year is probably how long it will take him to adjust to the pace of the premiership + cultural differences. By the time hes settled he will be back off to Spain and surely none of you are going to tell me that we'll be able to stump up the £12 - £15m buyout that he will probably have?

I'd love Moyes to prove me wrong, but I think this one is a long shot.

As for calling me a Kopite... (n) not cool.

I just cant see him working out - he's taken an age to adjust to the spanish game (unsucessfully or else we wouldn't be getting him) and we get him for a years loan. A year is probably how long it will take him to adjust to the pace of the premiership + cultural differences. By the time hes settled he will be back off to Spain and surely none of you are going to tell me that we'll be able to stump up the £12 - £15m buyout that he will probably have?

I'd love Moyes to prove me wrong, but I think this one is a long shot.

As for calling me a Kopite... (n) not cool.

He will prove you wrong, he always proves you wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back