4th Place - What's it going to take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought that an optimist is only disappointed once, while a pessimist is disappointed a thousand times.
Being and Everton fan over the years positive thinking is great if you want to set yourself up for one disappointment after another. If I didn’t get my mind ready to tackle a big loss, how would I keep my composure to face it? Instead I hope for the best but expect the worst.

I've always thought that an optimist is only disappointed once, while a pessimist is disappointed a thousand times.

I'm not sure where my girlfriend fits into this, but she has got around how I'm gonna be on a saturday depending on how the boys in blue turn up. ha.

Sunderland will be our toughest game since Chelsea away and no mistake.

We'd do well to 3 points there.

tbh mate my brothers step lad is a sunderland ST holder, as is a load of his family, and theyve pretty much resigned themselves even before tonight to going down like, tonights result for them won't improve things, i think as long as we show up focused we will put a absolute hammering on them this weekend.

They look like a team thats mentally already gone down and vs us on fire that's gonna be a recipe for a thumping, honestly see Martinez going for the throat in this to put that much GD between us and Arsenal its an effective additional point lead on them by the end

Yep.

You think we're going to run the rest of the table?

I think we will thump sunderland and beat palace mate and im certain we will put in a season bets performance against utd and win, then its down to the last 3 games and our position vs arsenal at the time (if they slip between now and the utd game then its ours)

People on about 3rd.

5 weeks ago I'd have snapped your hand off for 6th.

5th would be a magnificent achievement.

4th would be wanking material.

amazing isn't it! What a season it has been. I might have said this before, but I really think we will win one of the domestic cups within the next two-three seasons under roberto.

What's it going to take?

Honestly?

1) Arsenal, even on current form, should win every match they have.
2) Everton, even on current form, will have one obligatory slip up. I'm calling away against Hull but it could be any of them.
3) Everton need to win every match. I don't see that happening.

1) By that logic they should have beaten Swansea at home.....they didn't.

2) It is by no means "obligatory" that we will "slip up" and Hull's players on the last day of the league season will either be trying to avoid injury so's not to miss the Cup Final or dreaming of being on the beach somewhere. We'll rip 'em a new one happen we are still in contention.

3) We don't need to win every match. We could afford one draw and Arsenal couldn't pass us on points and would have to turn round a GD which stands at five right now.

Plus there is no good reason why we can't win every game from here on in any old way.

1) By that logic they should have beaten Swansea at home.....they didn't.

2) It is by no means "obligatory" that we will "slip up" and Hull's players on the last day of the league season will either be trying to avoid injury so's not to miss the Cup Final or dreaming of being on the beach somewhere. We'll rip 'em a new one happen we are still in contention.

3) We don't need to win every match. We could afford one draw and Arsenal couldn't pass us on points and would have to turn round a GD which stands at five right now.

Plus there is no good reason why we can't win every game from here on in any old way.

How long you been supporting Everton? I only ask because I don't ever remember a time where we DIDN'T make a hash of it in some way, shape, or form. I've only been supporting the club since 1998-99 so I'm used to it.

Again, I'm just going on probabilities. Because they drew at home to Swansea doesn't translate to them drawing at home again.

Yeah, they could. They could even lose a match. Everton could win all of their games too.

But the probability of us winning all of our remaining fixtures and Arsenal losing one of theirs, is by definition, very low at this point.

How long you been supporting Everton? I only ask because I don't ever remember a time where we DIDN'T make a hash of it in some way, shape, or form. I've only been supporting the club since 1998-99 so I'm used to it.

Well, I have been around since the 60s so I know it doesn't always have to be like that.

I can recall plenty of times when we didn't make a hash of it......and this smells like one of those times :)

We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

And fear is one thing El Bob has no fear off.

Believe.

So you've seen us lift several trophies where I'm still waiting to see us lift one up. Different perspectives and completely understandable.

I will say that I wholeheartedly agree that IF we aren't going to screw it up, this IS the team to do it with the manager to do it. Of that I have no doubt.

Next 6 are harder games.
Well bring it on mate......

The turds were free flowing from all of us on Sunday morning at the thought of the game against Arsenal. I bet more than a few had doubts about us even getting a point out of that game. We didn't just win the game, we bummed them. We even had the audacity to take the piss on a few occasions and in all truth, it could of been 5 or 6. Dominant !

That game against Arsenal yesterday told me that we are ready mentally for the run in. fkn bring it on !!

But the probability of us winning all of our remaining fixtures and Arsenal losing one of theirs, is by definition, very low at this point.

Why?

What possible reason could anyone have for thinking Arsenal will win every one of their remaining five games given not only their current run of bad form, but the shell shocked manner of some of those defeats?

And even when Swansea drew at their ground the other week, the ref blew for time when a Swansea player was clean through on goal.

They could have lost that game and all.

They are like a punch drunk boxer whose legs have gone.

So you've seen us lift several trophies where I'm still waiting to see us lift one up. Different perspectives and completely understandable.

I will say that I wholeheartedly agree that IF we aren't going to screw it up, this IS the team to do it with the manager to do it. Of that I have no doubt.

There ya go.

;)

Why?

What possible reason could anyone have for thinking Arsenal will win every one of their remaining five games given not only their current run of bad form, but the shell shocked manner of some of those defeats?

And even when Swansea drew at their ground the other week, the ref blew for time when a Swansea player was clean through on goal.

They could have lost that game and all.

They are like a punch drunk boxer whose legs have gone.
You only have to log into the Arsenal forum and look around. Its what they are used to apparently.....

Falling apart at this stage of the season is what Arsenal do year after year. Quite a few of their fans are nervous for the semi-final against Wigan at the weekend. This team is wobbling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back