4th Place - What's it going to take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness the squad rotation from the sunderland - crystal palace - manchester united games are going to be vital. That's where Bobby comes in. The games are in close succession so we need to make sure we have players on the bench ready to start the next game and keep getting us wins.

[QUOTE="
meaning we can afford a slip up against southampton and city.
Although i am confident about city but i think southampton may suprise us.
[/QUOTE]

I think that a lot of us are expecting a very difficult match at St Mary's so I do not think there is a surprise element

If Wigan beat them, then Wenger's finished, fourth or no.
Could trigger a right melt down
Reckon Bobby brown brogues will be faxing his notes to Rosler

Am I the only one viewing Southampton as a potentially okay game? There will only be a few games to go, I doubt Lallana, Shaw or Lambert will be particularly keen to risk injury with the World Cup and with them being locked in mid-table I don't see why they'd bust a gut to really go for it.

Am I the only one viewing Southampton as a potentially okay game? There will only be a few games to go, I doubt Lallana, Shaw or Lambert will be particularly keen to risk injury with the World Cup and with them being locked in mid-table I don't see why they'd bust a gut to really go for it.

If nothing else we are a scalp.

Personally think we'll need 76 and, depending on how Spurs handle their easy run-in, around 72 for 5th. Depending on Chelsea, we have a very outside chance of making 3rd believe it or not as they have three somewhat awkward games coming up (could easily drop 7 points if they implode), but as that'd rely on Liverpool putting them away I'd rather we didn't overtake them.

Do you mean you'd rather see Chelsea beat Liverpool than Everton get into the CL group stages? I don't know what to say.
Maybe I misunderstood you. No, I've just read it again, and I didn't.

I would be lying if I never instantly thought of the Southampton v Everton game when Rodriguez got injured. That is a big plus for us as he is one of their better players..

I would be lying if I never instantly thought of the Southampton v Everton game when Rodriguez got injured. That is a big plus for us as he is one of their better players..
It definitely hampers them, makes it easier to focus on handling Lallana and Lambert instead of the three of them. At this point the way Everton are playing, I'd expect a win there but I suspect a draw will be adequate.

As for the rest of the run-in, I definitely think draws against Soton and City should do if they win the rest of their games.

969941_10152111040964582_557703033780710924_n.webp

just to get everyone more nervous than they already are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back