4th Place - What's it going to take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? The only way we wouldn't finish 4th if we got 78 points is if Arsenal win all of their remaining games, right?

If we get 78 it's extremely likely 4th will be ours.

Arsenal will prob win the remaining games

Arsenals defeats this season have more or less only come from teams in top 6/7. They rarely drop points to teams lower than that... doesnt make for good reading at all.

That was then.....this is now.

Their last two games against teams outwith the top seven were a home draw with Swansea and a defeat at Stoke.

They are in an awful run of form and they will not win all their remaining games.

Arsenals defeats this season have more or less only come from teams in top 6/7. They rarely drop points to teams lower than that... doesnt make for good reading at all.

I just can't see how a team as [Poor language removed] as they were on saturday making top 4. We just have to be at our very, very best! COYB!!!!!!

Similar to us then. We've lost one game to teams outside the top 7 - Sunderland at home. Not sure who Arsenal's 7 losses have been against, but one of them was Villa first game of the season. The good news for us is that our potentially more difficult games are at home where we have been very strong all season. All if's, but's and maybe's at the moment. Next game is all that counts.

Hope it dips..I really do!! I can see from an Arsenal point of view though how they would expect to just pip us as they rarely do dip like we'd need them too.

16 years of this.. hard to grasp it changing. Just being negative tho! haha it's getting to me! Thank Christ 'berto has us covered

We need to keep scoring goals as we have been recently.

Then we'll get 4th.

Need to make sure if it goes to goal difference then it's ours.

I think if we beat Sunderland on saturday then 4th is ours. We'll surely destroy Palace at home and we'll be what 5 points ahead of Arsenal because of their cup game? Then the momentum going into the United game the atmosphere at Goodison will surely win us the game on it's own.

Edit - oh no they have a midweek game too which they'll prolly win.

No.....not necessarily.

Arsenal play West Ham at home the night before we play Palace so the chances are they will be back in front of us even if we win at Sunlun.

Ramsey is back for them. If he can hit the heights of earlier this season, then their form will improve. We just need to concentrate on our own form and knock off whoever comes our way.

No.....not necessarily.

Arsenal play West Ham at home the night before we play Palace so the chances are they will be back in front of us even if we win at Sunlun.

If West ham set up the way they did at Pool v Arse they will get a result I think.

I think the game we are most likely to drop points is the Man Utd one. It is amazing that they have more points away from home than any other team in the league, it is Old Trafford where they are struggling.
We are good enough to win every game, but there is no way we are going to finish the season with 12 straight wins - even Utd and Chelsea didn't do that in their prime.

But we are going to finish 4th.

I think the game we are most likely to drop points is the Man Utd one. It is amazing that they have more points away from home than any other team in the league, it is Old Trafford where they are struggling.
We are good enough to win every game, but there is no way we are going to finish the season with 12 straight wins - even Utd and Chelsea didn't do that in their prime.

But we are going to finish 4th.

Utd have taken 5 points from the top 7 and 2 of those where away. I feel very confident about the Utd game tbh.

I have the DVD of our 2004/2005 season entitled 'champions league we're having a laugh' if we make it this season the DVD should be called 'champions league we're dead serious, lid'

I know I'm getting ultra ahead of myself to the max but I think we are better equipped to hand the qualifiers this time, even though we deserved to win last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back