6 + 2 Point Deductions

Rumoured to be. We don’t know that. And we don’t know by how much they have actually infringed by. For all we know it’s less than what we have.

They may have been able to sell him for 30m and come in on target but decided that it made more sense to sell him for more a month later. Which it does. But could mean that they are only a couple of mill over.
It’s interesting and dare I say could well be a significant mitigating factor that their maximum allowable losses over a 3 year period are £61 million and not the £105 million

We got one point deduction for every £5m we went over mate, so that was 4 pts. If we get those 4 pts back then surely the prem couldn't then turn round to Forest and say "we're going to charge you one point for every £5m you have gone over" Forest would be like "hang on, you have just given Everton their 4 pts back for every £5m they went over"
The original hearing said we went 19.5M over. If its 1 point for every 5M then surely that's 3 points (unless they're rounding up to take another point)?

Whatabout the starmer thread though...

(777 boo! Worse than agent johnson)
Lads, get your priorities right. There won't be an announcement today because John savident has passed away.
:(
John Savident has passed away, I say John Savident has passed away, one for the oldies probs. And God knows what Rita’s post is doing there

I think Forest's overspend was 120 mil compared to Everton's 19.5, so based on the precedent of Everton's charge, the maximum 12 points likely for Forest.
Based on what is in the public domain I somehow doubt it’s even close to that number

For 19/20& 20/21 their average loss was £15.7 million. Their COVID losses averaged at £8.3 million and depreciation ( not amortisation was £6 million.

So even before you guess at allowable such as academy costs and ladies it was £1.4 million which I suspect was reduced below or very close to zero over.

Their 21/22 trading showed a loss of £45 million. Again their depreciation was circa £6 million they show COVID losses of £12 million . That seems high but there is a claim that that number has been arrived at in accordance with EFL guidelines.

What took them massively over was that fact that they paid £20.9 million in promotion bonuses . I doubt it but it’s possible this some would be deemed to be an exception.

It’s very much by a back of fag packet calculation and making the assumption that the £20 million bonuses isnt treated as an exception then my guess is that they were over by a small sum for those two ( three ) years . They were allowed £13 million pa

But like Everton we have absolutely no idea what the 22/23 numbers look like

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back