6 + 2 Point Deductions

Teams outside the top six or top five have always picked other clubs best players off thats not something that is unique to the PL.
In the day I can remember player after player came off the production line at Burnley but of the teams in old Div 1 that won the league had transferred in the vast bulk of their squad/ team.
Indeed , and I am not saying there is anything wrong in it ( it’s how we have won most of our trophies in the PL era ) in Evertons last league winning squad I believe there were only two home grown players who started in any of the 42 games namely Gary Steven’s and Kevin Ratcliffe

I think Rats fighting in the sack is exactly where we are in the PL.

The reality is that Barca and Real in particular are two very big fish who want out and it’s from there all the charter of anESLbegan.

I admire your optimism re the resistance of the English Leagues there may well be survival of many in say the midland/ north and maybe even in London and surrounding areas but outside those geographical areas many clubs would simply go under because the costs involved in travel and attract players wwould be way outside their potential budgets.

AFC Wimbledon is a story that is heart warming story they were particularly luck that Kingstonian went under and I felt sorry for them when we bought Kingsmeadow from AFC particularly as it made the Ks homeless
Think it may have been more than 2. As we used something like 23 players in 86/87 because of injuries, Which was unheard off at the time and we did use a lot of reserve players.

Of course. 5-6 points maybe? (Hopefully less!)
I’m far more worried about the possible compo to other clubs. That could make us bankrupt, it could make us fail PSR again… or it could just be a few million.
Think suing other clubs, will be a dangerous road to go down, as we and every other prem clubs can go after city, Chelsea and whoever breaks the rules moving forward.

I’m far more worried about the possible compo to other clubs. That could make us bankrupt, it could make us fail PSR again… or it could just be a few million.
As far as I have heard, from what Simon Jordan said on Talksport, the other clubs issue is with the Premier League, not us. The Premier League not only did not take action instantly when they identified that we had overspent, but they also signed-off our accounts for the relevant seasons. The guilty party for the lack of action until now is down to the Premier League executives, and them alone.

Of course. 5-6 points maybe? (Hopefully less!)
Not that I trust the PL to get anything right but any compo would SURELY have to be exempt from that year's PSR calculation otherwise one single breach would just turn into a death spiral. We've already been punished in two ways- the direct sporting effect of the points plus the financial effect of the points in terms of prize money if not relegation.

Compensation on top is already getting into something morally and possibly legally unjustifiable but a FOURTH punishment of that compensation counting towards PSR and possibly restarting the loop again would be just unbelievable. And all this is designed to help clubs be MORE sustainable!

Seen a few other comments about it but ye, wolves are getting absolutely shafted everywhere by VAR, apologies just don't cut it at this stage.

Theyve cost wolves easily half a dozen points already, imagine how many places in ghe league that could change ar the end of the season, talking millions.

Scum, its time for other clubs outside the sky 6 to stand up and revolt. They want the league one way and one way only, top 6 stay top 6 every season, anyone tries to change that will be trouble.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back