6 + 2 Point Deductions

They really only want six clubs to compete, even the Geordies are struggling - yet supposedly they are one of the richest clubs in the world!
Once the “Sky” favourites had spent what they needed to spend and were fully established the rules changed, the drawbridge got pulled up and everyone else has been left to fight for the leftovers, and woe betide anyone who trys to break through the glass ceiling they’ve established!

Exactly. They need to sell Bruno. Only a few clubs can win the league. If a club with unlimited funds can’t challenge for the title, what chance do the rest of us have?

ANOTHER THING that annoys me:

If we’re charged for 22/23 you’ll hear things like “well you shouldn’t have spent 30m on Onana then”.

The money isn’t spent, it’s invested. Onana is worth twice what we paid for him now.

The way a struggling business becomes profitable and sustainable is through good investments like that, that’s exactly how you turn it round. If the rules were actually about sustainability they wouldn’t prevent it.
This is the part that gets me: football clubs in England are private businesses meant to compete. I cannot imagine another private business setting in a country with a market based economy where the businesses are actively prevented from making investments in improving their competitive position. It's incredibly weird. Salary capped leagues like those in the USA almost always have a strong profit sharing regime between the teams, or they offer a "luxury tax" option that's tantamount to a proportionate fine for exceeding spending limits distributed amongst the teams, and those leagues are generally both more competitive and sustainable than the premier league.

Made two huge calls in regards to this and the 777 thing, I hope for his sake they go his way otherwise his days as an EFC commentator are going to be numbered imo
otherwise he may need one of these.....

taxi.jpg