6 + 2 Point Deductions

If we didn't build a stadium we'd be fine too

If we didn't start dive bombing in the league post Carlo and spent tens of millions sacking managers, we'd be fine too.

My main point is that over the last few years if you just looked solely at transfers of players, we've balanced that out. If we didn't have the stadium situation we'd be under.

At the moment though the biggest issue the PL and the club have is payments involving the stadium.

And I've said before, if it was solely poor transfer business, I'd accept everything we get. But it isn't.
That just isn't true.

Even with the 'stadium interest' and transfer levy, we would still have been £9.7m over the threshold.

I mean this is on page 2 of the report.

INTRODUCTION
2. By this complaint the Premier League alleges that Everton FC is in breach of
the Profitability & Sustainability Rules. The Premier League’s case is that a
proper PSR calculation for the season 2021/2022 demonstrates losses of
£124.5 million, which exceeds the sum of £105 million permitted by Rule E51
by £19.5 million. Everton accepts that it is in breach of the PSR: by the
conclusion of the hearing it argued that properly calculated the breach was
£9.7 million.

It is not as if you would have to read very far it is on page 2. Instead of actually reading the report you are just ignoring the facts and posting false information. All legitimate expenses for the Stadium have been included in PSR. Even if the Premier League had allowed the loan interest we would still have failed PSR by £9.7m.

Unreal, some of the stuff that isn't publicly reported. The premier league basically trying to kill the EFL. Premier league clubs only have to use best endeavours to adhere to EFL rules when relegated??? 🤯
That's down to the inequality though. We'd have a big problem if we went down and had to be compliant immediately. If parachute payments were removed , as they've discussed here, we'd be out of business.

The only way to make it possible for PL clubs to go down and be compliant is to make the gap between the two leagues smaller. Which seems to be what the PL is trying to do with the profit and sustainability rules, but only making them apply to essentially the bottom half clubs

The amount of comments, and social media posts I've read where people say we've cheated is absolutely astonishing

People really have absolutely no clue what is going on or what all this means. Also shows how we will never get common ground on how to improve the game. It's quite sad actually.
Everyone piled onto Forest last year saying they’d bought 3000 players and couldn’t possibly be compliant, but were told repeatedly by their fans and media it was all totally fine, we didn’t know the whole story, they had a load of loan players get them promoted so had to replace them all. Turned out everyone was 100% right! The turd on the surface was still a big turd underneath the surface. So annoying because our situation is genuinely complex (still smeared with incompetence), so I do get why the average Palace fan just sees cheaters.

A real potential for us to be the first team to be ruined by the regulator too. This discussion about relegated teams indicate that If we go down, they seem to want to completely kneecap the relegated teams to make the Championship competitive
I think it's becoming less so over the last few years.

Last seasons three sit in 1st, 3rd and 4th. Leicester walking away with it.

That just isn't true.

Even with the 'stadium interest' and transfer levy, we would still have been £9.7m over the threshold.

INTRODUCTION
£9.7 million.

It is not as if you would have to read very far it is on page 2. Instead of actually reading the report you are just ignoring the facts and posting false information. All legitimate expenses for the Stadium have been included in PSR. Even if the Premier League had allowed the loan interest we would still have failed PSR by £9.7m.

We argued that's what we're over by. The PL disagreed which is the crux and why Super Silk is on the case.

And those rules are being ripped apart anyway with changed in August.

Rumour is we're over this by £9mill too

And mate, we get it. We deserve 20 points.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240116-105250.webp
    Screenshot_20240116-105250.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 15
Everyone piled onto Forest last year saying they’d bought 3000 players and couldn’t possibly be compliant, but were told repeatedly by their fans and media it was all totally fine, we didn’t know the whole story, they had a load of loan players get them promoted so had to replace them all. Turned out everyone was 100% right! The turd on the surface was still a big turd underneath the surface. So annoying because our situation is genuinely complex (still smeared with incompetence), so I do get why the average Palace fan just sees cheaters.
I'm baffled by the idea anyone would think Forest or Everton are cheating.

I could understand if there was blatant fraud or something going on, but these are all technical accounting arguments. Absolutely nothing to do with football.

We sold Richy for less than he was worth to try to comply … Forest waited to sell brennan johnson until they got the right offer - if we didnt have a gun to our heads we could of held out for more money as well … what a shambles

The amount of comments, and social media posts I've read where people say we've cheated is absolutely astonishing

People really have absolutely no clue what is going on or what all this means. Also shows how we will never get common ground on how to improve the game. It's quite sad actually.
i saw one comment say this is what we deserve after spending 40 mil on dele alli

lol

I think it's becoming less so over the last few years.

Last seasons three sit in 1st, 3rd and 4th. Leicester walking away with it.
I mean more from what the people on the government panel seem to be suggesting the regulator may look at. It isn't at all fair currently for Championship clubs, but neither is relegation from the Premier League being such a harsh punishment that it risks clubs going down again to comply with financial rules

We sold Richy for less than he was worth to try to comply … Forest waited to sell brennan johnson until they got the right offer - if we didnt have a gun to our heads we could if held out for more money as well … what a shambles
Less than the inflated number we put on the balance sheet. I still don't think he was worth even the money we sold him for never mind £20m more

Rick Parry should be in charge of the Premier League.
I’m sorry but he is just a different cheek to the same a**e.
He’s been involved in the PL since 1992 and if he was sitting in Masters seat he would be arguing black was white to suit his own and PLs agenda.

Oh…he’s a Kopite as well.

That just isn't true.

INTRODUCTION
£9.7 million.

Why do you keep referring to the original findings when your posts yesterday showed you hadn't read them properly

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back