6 + 2 Point Deductions

You couldn't make it up, reading Sky Sports Football and there is a banner:

Why the 30th of June is the New Transfer Deadline Day for some Clubs.

Absolute Creeps.
With so many clubs reportedly needing to sell by 30th June, I really wonder if there will be enough buyers. When the music stops, several clubs will be without a chair to sit on and then the points deductions will fly, making a mockery of PL football. What a mess.

I assume the player sales last summer should go towards our psr but keep hearing we need to sell big by the 30th June
I personally don't see how it can be big.

I reckon about 20m, but I know less than nothing.

20m seems big, but if by some miracle you can sell Maupay for around 10m, it could be enough once you factor in his wages and other mumbo jumbo.

I personally don't see how it can be big.

I reckon about 20m, but I know less than nothing.

20m seems big, but if by some miracle you can sell Maupay for around 10m, it could be enough once you factor in his wages and other mumbo jumbo.
You would think 20m if it's around that could be easily generated by maupay Keane holgate and possibly Godfrey if he has indeed rejected a contract deal

With so many clubs reportedly needing to sell by 30th June, I really wonder if there will be enough buyers. When the music stops, several clubs will be without a chair to sit on and then the points deductions will fly, making a mockery of PL football. What a mess.

The other thing is mate, if you were strategic you could force a club into an issue, take Chelsea they may be signing Duran, Villa and Chelsea may well be competing for a CL spot, if Villa are relying on the transfer to avoid a PSR charge and Chelsea collapse the transfer at the last min, Villa could be hit with a charge and point deduction, benefiting Chelsea.

The rest of the clubs are now just serf to the top 6.

The issue will be that they are the type of deals you do at the end of windows, when your desperate.

Currently it seems people only want Branners.
Think the branthwaite deal will be done or probably has been done whether we need to sell regardless of our psr status unfortunately

Does anyone have an idea how much we need to satisfy psr this season
--------------
Figures revealed in the judgements that followed those hearings provided a detailed insight into Everton’s position. Last year, club losses of £89m led to a PSR loss of £62.7m once allowable deductions were made. The year before, the PSR overspend was judged to be £3.9m. This leaves Everton with a maximum PSR overspend of just over £38m for the current year. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/evertons-psr-position-what-means-29306351

Think he probably wants the move, don't know if he was a childhood fan of the Mancs but being from Carlisle there's a fair chance they'd have been the Prem team he was drawn to.
I have no problem with branthwaite if he wants the move but want the going rate for a young English left footed defender which me is 80m plus really surprised city haven't been linked maybe well stocked at centre back

I don't think anyone other than the club knows where we stand on PSR. First, the books don't close until 30 June, so who knows what sales we might complete by then. A few other considerations. Recall that we sold Gordon last year and still had big losses. Plus it seems we keep borrowing to keep the lights on and pay wages. Some small positives in that we don't have the payments to departing Board members anymore and we finished a few places higher in the table so will earn a bit more, but my sense is that at a minimum we need an Onana sale and some lesser sales, but will those really happen by 30th June?

I don't think anyone other than the club knows where we stand on PSR. First, the books don't close until 30 June, so who knows what sales we might complete by then. A few other considerations. Recall that we sold Gordon last year and still had big losses. Plus it seems we keep borrowing to keep the lights on and pay wages. Some small positives in that we don't have the payments to departing Board members anymore and we finished a few places higher in the table so will earn a bit more, but my sense is that at a minimum we need an Onana sale and some lesser sales, but will those really happen by 30th June?
I am not even sure the club know they were pretty adamant they we not in breach with the initial breach

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back