777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
If you agree with that premise, I'm not sold on it.

I don't think Moshiri cares about media pressure, he just wants out. 777 likely figure they can ride it out and put their spin on it should the transaction go through. And if it doesn't, they've not lost and PR capital.
I just find it REALLY hard to picture these mystical saviours standing in the wings, utilising genuine blues to muddy the waters, watching us lurch from one disaster to the next, without leaking their intentions. Mosh would face the choice of waiting for a 777 miracle (if we accept they are as unlikely to be approved as it would seem), or accept it’s a dead end, accept a greater personal loss and be out in 6 weeks, which does seem to be his aim.

He’s shown repeated ineptitude, but with a transaction this size and this complexity with multiple massive creditors, there will be plenty of genuinely sensible legal and financial professionals involved, and if there was a more realistic option they should steer him towards it, if that option was genuine and known.

A formerly massive but now struggling UK motor dealer group agreed a sale to a US company last year. (Sound familiar). Before the shareholders meeting to approve, an unsolicited offer came in from a different group. Nothing to stop that. Different here because the 2nd offer would definitely be less than the 777 offer. But it’s an offer worth making if the whole world seems confident Mosh’s first choice isn’t going to happen.

I fully admit i’m clouded on this and groping for some hope, just because I find the idea of these saviours waiting until the club is utterly cratered and worth £1 before buying, then I hate them already.

It’s an absolute mess to be fair. Every single part of it.

I just find it REALLY hard to picture these mystical saviours standing in the wings, utilising genuine blues to muddy the waters, watching us lurch from one disaster to the next, without leaking their intentions. Mosh would face the choice of waiting for a 777 miracle (if we accept they are as unlikely to be approved as it would seem), or accept it’s a dead end, accept a greater personal loss and be out in 6 weeks, which does seem to be his aim.

He’s shown repeated ineptitude, but with a transaction this size and this complexity with multiple massive creditors, there will be plenty of genuinely sensible legal and financial professionals involved, and if there was a more realistic option they should steer him towards it, if that option was genuine and known.

A formerly massive but now struggling UK motor dealer group agreed a sale to a US company last year. (Sound familiar). Before the shareholders meeting to approve, an unsolicited offer came in from a different group. Nothing to stop that. Different here because the 2nd offer would definitely be less than the 777 offer. But it’s an offer worth making if the whole world seems confident Mosh’s first choice isn’t going to happen.

I fully admit i’m clouded on this and groping for some hope, just because I find the idea of these saviours waiting until the club is utterly cratered and worth £1 before buying, then I hate them already.

I think that until they and their intentions are identified we need to be every bit as sceptical about them as we are 777. Maybe they are our legitimate saviours, maybe they are underfunded vultures hoping to pick over the carcass on the cheap.

I assume that was an acquisition of a public entity however. The machinations are different and the board of directors will have broader influence. By nature the offers are public knowledge.

Moshiri is selling the club, he's going to go with the best offer for him and nothing else. That's the only relevant sensibility. Until that option is removed, no one is going to come forward unless they are offering the same valuation. The hints in the other group(s) are in the comments by guys like Wyness.

As with most of this I'm using logic and reason, I don't have any inside info,

Johnson, Brexit and Trump.

When you see those things happen, it really wakes you up to how many really, really stupid people we share this planet with.

Just think, in a room of 10 people, at least 6 of those people are clinical extremely stupid.

BIGGLY.
What is more worrying is how many are concentrated in the English speaking world .

Obviously they are well within their rights to remain in the shadows, but given that 777 are trying the "Liege approach" (framing it as us or certain doom to force approval) a serious and credible alternative that stands up to scrutiny might want to identify themselves as a third way, if only to stop the club falling into 777s hands out of what the PL perceive as necessity.
If they're not seriously credible and hoping to pick the club up for a pittance and waiting til the point Moshiri throws in the towel then staying in the shadows makes sense. That's also exactly why I don't want this potential small time consortium/ group anywhere near the club. Doesn't take much to read between the lines to see what's going on and who's involved.

Last edited: