777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tbf including wages and agent fees we'll definitely have invested £50m in them over their contracts. Utterly shocking.
The thing is we haven’t really seen Chermiti and he’s only 20. And all this talk simms would have done a better job, the minutes he got, which again wasn’t a lot, but he started a few games and looked miles off prem level

The thing is we haven’t really seen Chermiti and he’s only 20. And all this talk simms would have done a better job, the minutes he got, which again wasn’t a lot, but he started a few games and looked miles off prem level
Can't argue with that, but given our situation it just didn't make sense to sell an extremely young English striker to buy an unproven young one from abroad for a higher fee.

Can't argue with that, but given our situation it just didn't make sense to sell an extremely young English striker to buy an unproven young one from abroad for a higher fee.
I see your point, it's players like Simms and Cannon who generate pure profit. Chermiti's fee was higher than Simms' sale but I'd expect it to be a drip feed to Sporting, so on the books it would have been a posative exchange.

I see your point, it's players like Simms and Cannon who generate pure profit. Chermiti's fee was higher than Simms' sale but I'd expect it to be a drip feed to Sporting, so on the books it would have been a posative exchange.

That's 100% the main reason, it was to look good on the books + Dyche had no intention of using either of them so win win as far as Thelwell was concerned

Yeah easy game they gave Simms a start in ..... wasn't it as a lone striker away at the RS?

Yeah easy game they gave Simms a start in ..... wasn't it as a lone striker away at the RS?
There’s a lot of strikers out there who score goals in the championship and can’t in prem. early part of the season Coventry fans were saying he wasn’t very good

I guess that's exactly why it happened - a disgusting sign of just how bad our financial situation is.

He didn’t need to loan Danjuma for £3m when Callum Hudson-Odoi was available on a permanent for the same price. He didn’t have to pay £26m on Klarna for Beto when we already had Ellis Simms and Tom Cannon who would contribute exactly the same. He didn’t have to sign off on the signing of a 38 year old when there were other free transfers available.

We saying Hudson Odi is good now? And we went after Elanga instead but he turned us down (and looks at the agent fees Forest have paid). Could've got Barkley etc etc

Simms and Canon were both deemed not good enough and sold rather than hanging on like we have in the past.

As for Young...gaffer wanted him and he was still performing at a level for Villa.

End of the day, it's easy to say "he could've done this" but when we don't know the mechanics of our finances apart from they're shocking and we keep getting points deductions...it's not an easy job.

Just like turfing out Dyche that somewhere somehow there's this promise land that's out there waiting for us. But the reality is we are a mess of a football club that is rudderless and spectacularly unattractive for any footballer to come to.

Could be wrong but either him or Beto we haven't paid anything installment wise this season for them.

We saying Hudson Odi is good now? And we went after Elanga instead but he turned us down (and looks at the agent fees Forest have paid). Could've got Barkley etc etc

Simms and Canon were both deemed not good enough and sold rather than hanging on like we have in the past.

As for Young...gaffer wanted him and he was still performing at a level for Villa.

End of the day, it's easy to say "he could've done this" but when we don't know the mechanics of our finances apart from they're shocking and we keep getting points deductions...it's not an easy job.

Just like turfing out Dyche that somewhere somehow there's this promise land that's out there waiting for us. But the reality is we are a mess of a football club that is rudderless and spectacularly unattractive for any footballer to come to.

Yeah, I am. Would take him in a heartbeat over absolutely anyone who plays in an attacking position for us.

Simms and Cannon may not have been good enough, but Beto definitely isn’t good enough and cost us £26m for the privilege. Really doesn’t matter whether we’re paying it on klarna or up front, we’ve still got to pay it.

Chermiti also cost us £15m and the manager never had any intention of playing him. So we let go two players for £10m and replaced them with two players for £40m, for absolutely no extra contribution on the pitch. Superb business.

Don’t care if Dyche wanted Young. Thelwell should’ve given him a slap and told him to stop being ridiculous as we’re not signing a 38 year old. Villa knew the score, that’s why they didn’t offer him an extension.

Could be wrong but either him or Beto we haven't paid anything installment wise this season for them.

Nope just means we'll start this summer.

Which invariably means we'll have to sell someone, Pickford, Onana, Branthwaite, in order to pay for that and we'll only have minimal funds for transfers.

Unless they do similar deals and just push the money down the road a bit.

Simms and Dobbin scored probably our 2 best individual strikers goals over the last year or so. If Simm's peach against Chelsea didn't prove he had what it takes I don't know what could, especially as his game time was so limited. The "he's found his level" jibes are shocking, he's ripping up the championship and teams will now have eyes firmly on him.