777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The more desperate Moshiri becomes, the more he will be forced to drop his price. Good people will bite if the price is right, but Moshiri wants his money back, not what’s good for the club.

I'd think the opposite is more likely. The more the price drops, the more it becomes of interest to bottom dredgers as like happened with Portsmouth. Anyone with the money to move the club forward (ie stadium and surrounding areas completion, training ground improvement, better management and players, improved back end people and retail setup) will see that requires significant investment that makes the initial purchase price relatively insignificant. Yes, there's a decent chance of eventual significant profit to be made if successful, but someone doing this on the cheap is going to most likely fail badly.

To mere mortals like us, the amounts being talked about in terms of debt and stadium funding are incomprehensible. In the context of Premier League takeovers and spending, they’re not an insurmountable problem. When there were rumours of spurs being taken over, a sum of £3 billion was suggested. The Qataris were apparently willing to pay £5 billion for Man United, Boehly paid around £4 billion for Chelsea.

Everton could be taken over and have debts cleared for around £1 billion. I think the uncertainty of the investigation at the end of this month, we’ve flirted with relegation for the past 2 seasons and the fact the stadium is not fully built yet will put off some investors, but in the grand scheme of buying/owning/running a premier league football club, we’re still a comparatively cheap option.

To mere mortals like us, the amounts being talked about in terms of debt and stadium funding are incomprehensible. In the context of Premier League takeovers and spending, they’re not an insurmountable problem. When there were rumours of spurs being taken over, a sum of £3 billion was suggested. The Qataris were apparently willing to pay £5 billion for Man United, Boehly paid around £4 billion for Chelsea.

Everton could be taken over and have debts cleared for around £1 billion. I think the uncertainty of the investigation at the end of this month, we’ve flirted with relegation for the past 2 seasons and the fact the stadium is not fully built yet will put off some investors, but in the grand scheme of buying/owning/running a premier league football club, we’re still a comparatively cheap option.
I think this is the big red flag for a lot of potential buyers at the moment.

Compare that to Newcastle tho 305m. How can you justify a 1 billion price tag compared to that

Compare that to Newcastle tho 305m. How can you justify a 1 billion price tag compared to that
I think the new waterfront stadium adds a big lump to the price tag.
Everton, still at goodison with little or no debt would be around 300m.

Any other serious buyers are sitting tight to see how the FA will treat us and how much of a hair cut Moshiri is willing to take.
Most serious buyers will look at the likes of 777 and feel that if they want to buy the whole lot, let them because if it all goes tits up, they'll get a better deal in a few years.

The PL is going to be a sound investment for the near future, if you can stay in it.

The money that it would cost to buy Liverpool compared to the money that it would cost to buy us is night and day. I know Liverpool comes with a more global appeal and I guess if it's a sportswashing project that's what they're after. But at half a billion compared to 6-8bn (based on Chelsea's valuation) you think it's only a matter of time before a Middle Eastern consortium looks at us - particularly when the stadium is up and in use.
Saudi’s, Qataris & other money no object groups don’t want a bargain though, they want what they want. There would be more potential in us if FFP didn’t exist but it does, for now.

I'd think the opposite is more likely. The more the price drops, the more it becomes of interest to bottom dredgers as like happened with Portsmouth. Anyone with the money to move the club forward (ie stadium and surrounding areas completion, training ground improvement, better management and players, improved back end people and retail setup) will see that requires significant investment that makes the initial purchase price relatively insignificant. Yes, there's a decent chance of eventual significant profit to be made if successful, but someone doing this on the cheap is going to most likely fail badly.
You make a fair argument….

I’d argue that we were already dealing with bottom dredgers though…. Worrying

I don't think "serious buyers" will be any more interested in us if the investigation ends favourably for us than they were before the investigation was announced. We're a car crash of a club.

Nobody knows how this will play out. I'm certain there are many groups globally who are actively looking to purchase a premier league club at this time, particularly as it has been forecast that the TV streaming landscape is about to change and there will be huge increase in what clubs receive from TV streaming rights.

This is why there is a big American presence in the premier league, and many others who are trying to get in on the act. Big money to be made.

At this time, Everton would be a very attractive aquisition, so the idea that 777 are the only interested party doesn't fly with me.

My theory is that Moshiri and Usmanov were eyeing the Super League, and came into Everton with the intention of quickly elevating the club on and off the pitch within a short window, hence the stadium and chucking money at it. If you go back and read, Everton and West Ham were also invited to this Super League.

The pandemic, the backlash from the Super League and the Ukraine situation put paid to their plans, hence why we are at this point now.

This is just my opinion and how I try to make sense of it all.