777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting bit from the Shareholders meeting with Colin Chong.

Retaining a controlling stake in the stadium

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240419-132008.png
    Screenshot_20240419-132008.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 3
I think its a political thing - people who want to make money are Tories etc. We tried the "big blue" running things and its all gone away. Obviously there are legitimate additional worries about 777 but for me, them being business minded is not one of the issues.

I want the next owners to have zero connection to Everton and run us as a business.

Yeah, maybe. I'm no Tory but maybe I'm so used to 'ROI' that I can't see it from any other perspective now.

Kenwright used to run the club / fund transfers by borrowing money and effectively giving 'ROI' to other parties through interest payments.

It looks like Moshiri is now doing the same.

It looks like 777 will do the same.

Man Utd are run the same, just with bigger numbers.

If you get an oil rich owner then you get a generous injection of capital for the short to medium term whilst they try and establish themselves and bury the competition. Ours was cut short due mainly due to war and sanctions but then douled up by the FFP rigged game.

The club not having full ownership over the stadium and therefore not having full access to the profit they make is very concerning. It would essentially mean the new stadium isn't even bringing more money for the football operations...

The club not having full ownership over the stadium and therefore not having full access to the profit they make is very concerning. It would essentially mean the new stadium isn't even bringing more money for the football operations...

Though the report in open to interpretation - its under the heading change of ownership.

So speculating, 777 borrow 300-400 mill to acquire the club and meet conidiations to become owners. Sell just less then half of the stadium company to repay their debt on completion and essentially the club pay for the takeover.

Though the report in open to interpretation - it under the heading change of ownership.

So speculating, 777 borrow 300-400 mill to acquire the club at meet conidiations to become owners. Sell just less then half of the stadium company to repay their debt on competition and essentially the club pay for the takeover.
This whole thing stinks! Just going to get worse and worse

I think its a political thing - people who want to make money are Tories etc. We tried the "big blue" running things and its all gone away. Obviously there are legitimate additional worries about 777 but for me, them being business minded is not one of the issues.

I want the next owners to have zero connection to Everton and run us as a business.
When the business serves the sport that’s fine.
But when the sport serves the business , I’m out .

Though the report in open to interpretation - its under the heading change of ownership.

So speculating, 777 borrow 300-400 mill to acquire the club and meet conidiations to become owners. Sell just less then half of the stadium company to repay their debt on completion and essentially the club pay for the takeover.
I'll guarantee that is what 777 were/are in discussions with BlueOwl Capital for. Selling a stake in the stadium to generate the funds they need to complete the takeover.

BlueOwl will have no interest in owning a football club. However, they would, i imagine, be interested in a property deal that generates them a decent return i.e. up to 50% of our match day income from Bramley Moore season after season.

I agree, what good is the multi club model and all the benefits if they are losing 2, how many more? Surely losing clubs evaporates the competitive advantage.

WIth the mega rich owners coming in to the game, not one is prepared to buy Everton and clear the debts and finish the stadium at c£1bn, when the stadium is built the club will be worth more than that, in 1 or 2 years if the football structure is better and cash improves from not having those big loans ties around our necks it could we worth significantly more.

For a £1bn outlay you could have a club worth £2bn or more in 2 or 3 years... yet we are going to be sold to 777 with all debts remaining in place with further debts to pay for the purchase of the club there will be no significant change under 777 to now, robbing Peter to pay Paul and permanently skint. On top of that the Stadium will be mortgaged to the hilt to fund the rest of their group, or worse sold, if 777 get control we will one way or another lose the benefit of moving to the new stadium...

Those saying give 777 a chance.... I don`t want to hear your bitching and moaning when they take over and ticket prices in the new stadium go up astronomically to cover all these debt payments.

777 is very bad for Everton, in the short term and the long term. These need to be legged pretty quickly.

Their airlineis about to go in to administration in the near future as ACAP are stripping back the funding to 777, this company is collapsing wherever you look, we may be acquired just in time to be a part of that.

View attachment 253446

Its why i would not have expected Moshiri to sell.

If anything id have thought hed put more money in and clear off debts himself to then sell once the stadium is built.

Its bizarre.

Interesting bit from the Shareholders meeting with Colin Chong.

Retaining a controlling stake in the stadium
Some political wording there. "The club's intention" is pretty malleable: they could sell all or none of the stadium and Chong wouldn't be a liar. Plus "the club" is going to change significantly with a change of ownership.

It doesn't say we ARE selling a minority share but it doesn't rule it out. Probably wisely, as there are limited routes to capitalise the business / wipe some debt / and turn it around in both financial and PSR terms, we don't have any hotels to sell to ourselves. All about any potential partner and deal. Someone with stadium / events expertise could add value.

take 777 out of it for a minute, I think considering our incredible amount of debt that selling some of the stadium might help get us out of a short term hole and yes we'd take less profit for a time. But if we got the right future owner, or things changed in some way, its always an option to buy that stake back in the future.

The debt levels are so bad that there are no good options, so whatever the solution its going to be unappealing. there's no white knight coming to wipe the debts without sacrifices being made

take 777 out of it for a minute, I think considering our incredible amount of debt that selling some of the stadium might help get us out of a short term hole and yes we'd take less profit for a time. But if we got the right future owner, or things changed in some way, its always an option to buy that stake back in the future.

The debt levels are so bad that there are no good options, so whatever the solution its going to be unappealing. there's no white knight coming to wipe the debts without sacrifices being made
Generally agree with this.

Think it's become patently clear that the short-to-medium term future of the club has been firmly rested on the stadium build. Moshiri et al clearly see it as a last chance saloon to try and secure our future as a 'top flight' entity.

Its why i would not have expected Moshiri to sell.

If anything id have thought hed put more money in and clear off debts himself to then sell once the stadium is built.

Its bizarre.
He’s not going to put more of his capital at risk, he’s already taking a bath. Better to have others put their capital at risk.

Anyone have an idea how long this 777 saga can realistically go on before it becomes a no and Mosh is forced to look elsewhere? There were rumors of other interest a while back but I can’t recall where from.