777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Once we sell a % of the new stadium to whoever, that is us as a club finished as no other Premier League team has done this they own their stadiums and reap the benefits from them, why should little old Everton be any different.

Owning all the stadium will attract better investors, buyers for the club etc
If that were the case, we would not be in the mess we are.

But that is how it was sold to us, that is why we're up to our necks in toxic debt, it's also why we're selling talent and not able to afford replacements. It's also caused us point deductions.
If the plan from the start was to get a 3rd party to fund and lease it back then ok, however it wasn't. This can't be compared to West Ham and the others. If we now lose ownership after all the sacrifices we've made then what was the point? Pure disaster in my view.
No, no it hasn't.

Adminstration looks likely at this point either now or, with the can kicked down the road a bit, early next season.

Clearly the club want it early next.

If it makes the future clearer and more stable would it be better to get it done now and get that slate wiped clean

Adminstration looks likely at this point either now or, with the can kicked down the road a bit, early next season.

If it makes the future clearer and more stable would it be better to get it done now and get that slate wiped clean

Nothing like hyperbole is there

Administration really is not the path to go down as it would lead to oblivion from which we may never recover as a club.

I’d rather not see people lose their jobs as much as I dislike some of them . That’s a persons living.

I'll guarantee that is what 777 were/are in discussions with BlueOwl Capital for. Selling a stake in the stadium to generate the funds they need to complete the takeover.

BlueOwl will have no interest in owning a football club. However, they would, i imagine, be interested in a property deal that generates them a decent return i.e. up to 50% of our match day income from Bramley Moore season after season.
Conclusion: Moshiri must need the money now, for some reason. Nothing else makes sense, because he probably makes out better in the end selling a club with a stadium down the road.

Which is why people think Uncle Uzzy told him to pay up if he likes having kneecaps.

But that is how it was sold to us, that is why we're up to our necks in toxic debt, it's also why we're selling talent and not able to afford replacements. It's also caused us point deductions.
If the plan from the start was to get a 3rd party to fund and lease it back then ok, however it wasn't. This can't be compared to West Ham and the others. If we now lose ownership after all the sacrifices we've made then what was the point? Pure disaster in my view.

Moshiri pumped £450mill of his dirty money into it and how loaned the rest as well as turning down the city councils investment.

The equivalent is Spurs' stadium that took out £637million in loans from mainstream banks, at something like £30mill in interest per year (it's lower now). Plus £32mill in government grants and Levy throwing in a few bob.

We've gone about it arse about tit that the asset itself will have to repay in someway what's owned down the line.

I don't think a small percentage being sold off is bad IMO. But they're going to have to exploit the hell out of hospitality, fans, concerts etc to Spurs level to start seeing some progress.

And none of that will touch the playing field.

The only thing we have asset wise is the new stadium. The stadium outside the PL isn't going to generate the value that Moshiri has put on it.

It's in 777s interest to a) keep us in the PL and b) have controlling rights on the stadium.

If they have both, they'll have a breadwinner for their business. IMO They won't asset strip (too many loans and factors to allow it) but rather squeeze the life out of it financially.

If people thought that new stadium = more money to compete that ship sailed the minute Moshiri put a £500mill value on his shares with a £300mill black hole to finish the stadium.

My view hasn't changed since it all began. Nothing will change on the pitch since Kenwright took over. Off the pitch we'll be brought up to date and ran like a business where the money won't filter down it'll stay at the top.

Best case scenario is going back to the Moyes days but in a new home.

The only thing we have asset wise is the new stadium. The stadium outside the PL isn't going to generate the value that Moshiri has put on it.

It's in 777s interest to a) keep us in the PL and b) have controlling rights on the stadium.

If they have both, they'll have a breadwinner for their business. IMO They won't asset strip (too many loans and factors to allow it) but rather squeeze the life out of it financially.

If people thought that new stadium = more money to compete that ship sailed the minute Moshiri put a £500mill value on his shares with a £300mill black hole to finish the stadium.

My view hasn't changed since it all began. Nothing will change on the pitch since Kenwright took over. Off the pitch we'll be brought up to date and ran like a business where the money won't filter down it'll stay at the top.

Best case scenario is going back to the Moyes days but in a new home.
All that has to happen is the Prem saying "no" to 777. Moshiri will be forced to his knees, and his ability to demand the absurd valuation on his shares will collapse. Someone else can purchase the club in a whirlwind romance of a deal that pays down debt, leaves him with less and doesn't asset strip the club. The league can make that happen, should they wish.

Letting 777 raise the capital to make the purchase happen by selling a partial interest in the stadium permits Moshiri to loot the club to line his own pockets on the way out the door. End of.

It's against the Prem's own rules, and it should be because it's not in the interest of this club or the other nineteen. I expect nothing less than Calvinball from Masters et al at this point, but I would be very concerned if I were the owner of one of the other nineteen clubs. The rules not mattering should bother them.