777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really hope that report from the team talk bloke are correct then as we really need someone to come in take over.

There is no way Morshiri’s can still be considering 777 as viable people to sell to if they haven’t got the money and their business failing everywhere.

What happens if this falls through and Morshiri not willing to continue to pay the bills ?

Yeah, forget 777 completely. That ship has sailed now.

Is he in a position to play that game? Like you mention, he has a few outs that can delay for a few months in Branthwaite, Pickford and onana but he essentially has no power over this situation anymore (as far as I can tell) in terms of dictating price, the man is absolutely desperate. Does he risk playing silly games and walking away with nothing should the club slip into administration?

Absolutely shambolic it’s come to this. My fear is that any half decent owners wouldn’t touch us anyway now given the crippling debt levels, clowns like R&MF seemingly holding a lot of power too. Will we just end up with a more legit 777?

The fact he’s willing to sell for £69 mill brings in loads of bottom feeding investors that previously wouldn’t get near a PL club, these type of investors work out that exposure is better then the risk and or the ability to leverage assets. There is a whole gambit of these type of high risk investors of distressed assets, that they try and recover, if not they’ll just asset strip to raise capital.

You might then have a big fish investor, who will come in clear or restructure debt, provide working capital and stabilise us, over a season or three and put a proper board in place. This type of investor if they need to commit the additional funds, won’t want to give to commit much to an owner who is clearly a loon and incompetent, they will know every decision he makes buries himself further, raises the tension and weakens his negoating position.

Why would anyone touch us? Well on paper, we need a lot of investment and work. However what we have going for us, is we are members of a 20 team group, in one of the most lucrative sports league in the world, from an infrastructure point of view, we will be up there in the top 8 with the new ground, widening the base in terms of competing. We need to remove the debt, that can be restructured once the ground is finished and we can get rid of Metro, MSP and R&M and make the debt more manageable on a big multi year basis. At our worst - now we are still in this league and competing. All that is attractive. It would take the type of investor that could secure or fund or credit - in a way Moshiri hasn’t been able to. Long term if you can recover the club, with a proper board, strategy and management team, your investment appreciates.

He needs to lower his asking price…….we need to put pressure on him to get there.

Last edited:

I’ll try to pull the lawsuit and look at it this evening. At first glance it looks like the Plaintiff lent 777 money and failed to do its due diligence on the collateral it was accepting to close the loan.

It doesn’t mean 777 didn’t commit fraud if it signed sworn statements representing the collateral was free of liens, but fraud is a high bar and is a common cause of action when a lender finds itself under-secured.

The accusations that ACAP are effectively the alter ego of 777 look a little naive on the surface which makes me question the other allegations.

I’ll report back.

2nd part I tend to agree, but they're probably casting a wider net at the beginning.

First part, 777 admitted it and said it was a IT error, which is absurd.

Really hope that report from the team talk bloke are correct then as we really need someone to come in take over.

There is no way Morshiri’s can still be considering 777 as viable people to sell to if they haven’t got the money and their business failing everywhere.

What happens if this falls through and Morshiri not willing to continue to pay the bills ?

Then he walks away with absolutely nothing as we go into administration. It’s in his interest to bring alternative bidders to the table, no matter how much he has to drop his asking price.

I just read the complaint. To me, it’s mostly wild ramblings complaining about the corporate structure of reinsurance and several clear misunderstandings about the nature and power of a first lienholder. They twist these into a conspiracy narrative that I don’t think holds up under scrutiny.

I think it’s clear that the Plaintiff failed to do basic due diligence on its lending and is shocked to learn it’s not first in line when a basic search of UCC financing statements and the international equivalent would have given them a heads up.

They rely on some generic boilerplate definitions of “equity” in corporate asset layering that comes off as a bit naive to me.

Their own timeline also shows they knew about some of this for 3 years before filing suit and continued to lend to 777. The fact that Wanders let them record these meetings suggests it wasn’t fraud.

But the Complaint also raises some serious accusations that stand on their own regardless:

1. falsified financial account balance statements: if true, deadly to 777

2. collateral being sold without notice to the Plaintiff: fraud if proven

3. collateral “not existing”: fraud if proven

Most disturbing is the apparent lack of liquidity. 777 is clearly overextended and will have to liquidate assets or refinance to cover around $610M in credit that is being called in because of the collateralization issue.

I think a bigger danger is if regulators dig into 777s liquidity. Their reinsurance business requires pretty strict reserves.