Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So hes been posting about this 'interview' or 'chat' and theres not one mention about the actual "2hour conversation" just this opinion at the end of that ramble:

777 partners, in my opinion, are not appropriate buyers of Everton Football Club, from a moral, ethical, financial, managerial and immediate needs based perspective. I understand entirely the view (almost certainly, fact) that without an immediate or near immediate buyer the existential crisis Moshiri spoke of will occur. We, a 145 year old institution, will go out of business. However, that doesn’t mean that 777 Partners are the solution to our problems, the reverse is true in my opinion.

All stakeholders, supporters, investors, local business people with the means, politicians, even the footballing authorities must see what is ahead of us and act accordingly. A solution different to 777 Partners has to be found – even at this very late hour

-- a 2hr chat where the information he may have gleaned remains private lol

I'm a fan of the feller. But I do think he's being overly idealistic in who wants as owners.

I'm a fan of the feller. But I do think he's being overly idealistic in who wants as owners.
There's clearly no other takers at the current price. That's not to say we should jump into bed with 777 but without Moshiri accepting a lower price I'm not sure there are any other options, unfortunately.

The best we can hope for is that 777 buy us, the stadium is financed and we are still a premier league club when we move to Bramley Moore. We will then be a more attractive proposition and someone with deeper pockets might buy us.

I think they'll have things in place to satisfy the FCA. We're not the only club they've been looking into and if there was no way it was going to happen, they'd have stepped back from clubs like Sheff United and West Ham.

And no doubt the FCA will be more concerned around them having viable means of financing that doesn't break any UK monetary law rather than being fit to run a football club. That's the PL ruling. Passing them will be a walk in the park.

Again, these own football clubs in Europe's biggest leagues. The PL have allowed far more unsavoury owners to waltz in and take over clubs even with zero experience because they've got deep pockets.

I just can't see how they'd say no unless they want to make an example out of us with their more "stringent" laws. Which with the I&E meeting later next month will be a double whammy of using EFC as a guinea pig.
Ultimately they own multiple football clubs and can’t finance any of them.
Reading the Esks write up about his meeting shows they have said nothing to assuage his scepticism, which is very concerning.
They have multiple times failed to honour their financial obligations with serious results for those companies , passenger planes repossessed, FIFA transfer bans etc etc.
We don’t know how they plan to purchase Everton , but everything at the moment suggests some sort of leveraged purchase , something that is supposed to be at least discouraged in the PL.
Again the only noise around this prospective purchase is that is the only option, I think this is a deliberate ploy to convince the support and try to influence the PL to approve this purchase over any reservations they may have .
They are as bad for our club as could be .
Any suggestion that they will divert any finance in our direction as their crown jewel club is risible , how will the other clubs feel about this , supinely accept it ? Not a chance.
In any case they ‘finance’ nothing , they take the money from the fans .
They are crooks , plain and simple , and are regarded as such by those within their own industry.
If they are approved , I for one will be surprised.
And very disillusioned for the future of our club.

Ahh here

Sad read.

Don't hold much stock in some of his stuff, but I can't disagree with him on this, we need a different way forward and buyer.

It's all a bit crap, isn't it😢

Ultimately they own multiple football clubs and can’t finance any of them.
Reading the Esks write up about his meeting shows they have said nothing to assuage his scepticism, which is very concerning.
They have multiple times failed to honour their financial obligations with serious results for those companies , passenger planes repossessed, FIFA transfer bans etc etc.
We don’t know how they plan to purchase Everton , but everything at the moment suggests some sort of leveraged purchase , something that is supposed to be at least discouraged in the PL.
Again the only noise around this prospective purchase is that is the only option, I think this is a deliberate ploy to convince the support and try to influence the PL to approve this purchase over any reservations they may have .
They are as bad for our club as could be .
Any suggestion that they will divert any finance in our direction as their crown jewel club is risible , how will the other clubs feel about this , supinely accept it ? Not a chance.
In any case they ‘finance’ nothing , they take the money from the fans .
They are crooks , plain and simple , and are regarded as such by those within their own industry.
If they are approved , I for one will be surprised.
And very disillusioned for the future of our club.

Too noisy if you ask me, it's like they need to convince themselves they are the right people to take over this football club

Too noisy if you ask me, it's like they need to convince themselves they are the right people to take over this football club
Exactly
And at this point it’s a noise that contains no information except ‘it’s us or bust’ .
It’s the exact technique that con artists use to hustle you into parting with your money , overriding your concerns with the belief you are going to miss a ‘golden opportunity’ which of course does not , never has , and never will exist in reality.

If we go into admin, Moshiri loses the lot. 777, or you and me, could buy the club out of admin for £1. I think.
£1 maybe…. But with several hundred million of debt…
Which we couldn’t pay, so we wouldn’t be able to buy it.
The servicing of the debt will be (atleast in the short term) far greater than the additional income the stadium brings.

thats why developing Goodison was always the better option…. But no longer a realistic option after decades of delaying

Exactly
And at this point it’s a noise that contains no information except ‘it’s us or bust’ .
It’s the exact technique that con artists use to hustle you into parting with your money , overriding your concerns with the belief you are going to miss a ‘golden opportunity’ which of course does not , never has , and never will exist in reality.

Yes they are putting out a story to make them look better than the really are and also making out that we are on our last legs and it will only get worse if they don't take over, I don't feel this is the case and they haven't proved to me that they are the right people far from it, I go back to them being too noisy and that like someone has said before when ever has a 'noisy' takeover ever been successful

There's clearly no other takers at the current price. That's not to say we should jump into bed with 777 but without Moshiri accepting a lower price I'm not sure there are any other options, unfortunately.
777 are not an option for survival ,
They will deliver a long lingering zombie existence.
Until their house of cards inevitably collapses and they skip town with the money .

Sad read.

Don't hold much stock in some of his stuff, but I can't disagree with him on this, we need a different way forward and buyer.

It's all a bit crap, isn't it😢
Whether it is on the pitch or off there is absolutely nothing positive at the moment. Threatened by the FFP hearing, relegation battle on for sure, potential new owners seem undesirable at best. Sad times indeed :(