777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've no clue mate but with 777 I'd be amazed if we didn't become almost tenants/renting the stadium which would negate the whole point.

I dont think that would happen. The club would supposed to earn £240mill annually in revenue, the biggest outside the top 6 and Newcastle (apparently). That's without naming rights.

The club as an asset would be half the price they bought it for by selling the stadium to then rent it. As a portfolio business, it wouldn't make sense.

A billion pound stadium on their books is what they want.

I find it baffling people want this to collapse

Only bad things are going to happen if this deal falls through

Bad things are happening to 777 without Everton.

Some seem to have this come to a conclusion that 777 will at least buy us time and it can't be any worse than Moshiri. That only 777 can save us from Adminstration.

All flawed premises. Yes it can get much worse with 777, and very quickly with the debt they are indirectly loading onto the club. It's gasoline on the fire, for both EFC and 777.

We'll see. I've got friends involved with Liege and they despise them.

How they run it or expectations of how they want it ran?

I'm not defending them to the hilt. But it's the only game in town and I think it's always gonna be a "time will tell" thing.

When Mosh took over we all lapped it up when money was no object. Until it became one.

I dont think that would happen. The club would supposed to earn £240mill annually in revenue, the biggest outside the top 6 and Newcastle (apparently). That's without naming rights.

The club as an asset would be half the price they bought it for by selling the stadium to then rent it. As a portfolio business, it wouldn't make sense.

A billion pound stadium on their books is what they want.
A billion pound stadium is indeed what they want, so they can raise a mortgage on it and have a billion pounds burning a hole in their slimy pockets.

Bad things are happening to 777 without Everton.

Some seem to have this come to a conclusion that 777 will at least buy us time and it can't be any worse than Moshiri. That only 777 can save us from Adminstration.

All flawed premises. Yes it can get much worse with 777, and very quickly with the debt they are indirectly loading onto the club. It's gasoline on the fire, for both EFC and 777.
I think if this deal falls through then administration is far more likely

It's a situation with no good scenario but one that is much worse than the other

A billion pound stadium is indeed what they want, so they can raise a mortgage on it and have a billion pounds burning a hole in their slimy pockets.

Shameful how such a group can purchase so many football clubs. The PL need to grow a backbone and refuse the deal. But considering the PL see us as a long term threat to the scab 6 if we were ran correctly they'll likely wave it through.

They've hired an interim CFO because their original guy left abruptly.

Typically CFOs don't quit jobs like a McDonald's fry cook would. There's planning in place.

One would hope the net is closing in on Wander and his band of merrymen.

There is no stemming the tide with these guys. Their present is high risk, it isn't going to get better with bigger numbers.

Correct, no sensible investor is paying what Mosh wants so why the hell are these guys paying it???????????

But isn't it that way because they're currently spreading themselves thin? They've bought 5 clubs since 2022 and this is there 6th, their biggest. A £billion valued asset in world football.

They're pooling to get it over the line which, as the Esk put it, causing "short term pain" for their other investments.

I've also said right from the off that they could easily leverage 65% of the £500mill and pay the rest in cash.

Far more likely than with 777? I'm not sure.

We're not close to administration. It's illogical.

Yes, time is not on our side, but it still makes zero sense.
If this falls through then we need another buyer to be right there on the horizon or for Moshiri to recommence funding the club.

I'm not sure either of those things are likely.

I dont see any logic to the argument that better things will happen if this falls through.

And?

Heres the idealist scenario... Investors pay Mosh £500mill. The stadium, remaining debt. Basically pay £1billion to own the club and it's amazing stadium allowing us to use the £240mill in new revenue we'll make and push us on to success.

The reality is... someone has to bankroll £1billion cash free.

That's never gonna happen.

But isn't it that way because they're currently spreading themselves thin? They've bought 5 clubs since 2022 and this is there 6th, their biggest. A £billion valued asset in world football.

They're pooling to get it over the line which, as the Esk put it, causing "short term pain" for their other investments.

I've also said right from the off that they could easily leverage 65% of the £500mill and pay the rest in cash.

You say that like it's alright to do that, or it's a temporary state of affairs.

You have it backwards.

They didn't have 180 million, if they did they would have never had airplanes seized, missed payments to the BBL, inability to get an auditor to sign off on their accounts...all before their involvement with EFC.

They're not pooling money to buy EFC. They're borrowing to pay for EFC so they can use that asset to pay for the others. Buying Everton is the pooling, not what they have been doing.

How they run it or expectations of how they want it ran?

I'm not defending them to the hilt. But it's the only game in town and I think it's always gonna be a "time will tell" thing.

When Mosh took over we all lapped it up when money was no object. Until it became one.
They aren’t the only game in town at all.
They are the only group who are willing to meet the valuation of the shady R&M group.
That’s a different thing altogether.
They want everyone who matters to believe they are the only option just as they did with Liege , they are attempting to bum rush the authorities into a decision .
As Liege and the Belgian football authorities have subsequently found out , they lack the finance and the intent to improve that clubs position one iota.
They are financial con artists .
Avoid like the plague .

If this falls through then we need another buyer to be right there on the horizon or for Moshiri to recommence funding the club.

I'm not sure either of those things are likely.

I dont see any logic to the argument that better things will happen if this falls through.
Another buyer will have to through the test again won't they? So not sure who will fund us while that happens...