Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I’m not sure what people even want. There have been protests, there has been unhappy people with the board and fans calling for everyone to go.

As soon as it’s announced that it’s almost happening people are outraged about who Farhad would dare sell the club to. Talk about not being able to win.

We are a funny old bunch.
To be fair, it should be taken as read that you don't want to sell to alleged crooks.

Not sure what access he has to know more than everyone else is reporting but it’s interesting.

Or just being clever with words: nothing is imminent in the sense that the formalities we know will take months?

No, he's right - I suspect the media have been briefed by the club, possibly to put pressure on other interested parties?

My understanding is that 777 Partners will run into exactly the same problems that MSP ran into in regards to Everton's relationship with Rights and Media funding, I don't see how they will have raised sufficient funds to take a major stake in the club without a massive debt leveraged buyout. Less Glazers, more ALK Capital with Burnley

Of course there can. But if what we are led to believe is correct, then Farhad is running the club day to day because his accounts are basically frozen in the UK. We need to sell as soon as possible.

There is talk of us being sold. Yet people are then unhappy about who we are being sold to.

I get there are loads of 777 issues however if they are involved with loads of teams then they must of passed all of them relevant league/countries directorship tests.

And for good reason.

When 777 was first mentioned, I said it's out of the frying pan into the fire and the time between that has only reaffirmed my view.

I don't think 777 happens, the publicity is mutually beneficial for both 777 and the club. Generally the loudest noise don't invest or takeover.

I mean every man and his dog is quoting figures left, right and centre on this thread, and tbh most of it is baffling to me.
Can you, having quoted £900m, explain to me in simple terms how EFC can be valued at such a figure? What specifically is worth £900m?

Our owner has put in £830mill. He'll want that back. He's the one that puts a price on the club.

Forbes has us valued at £600mill

Hmmm. If that’s the case then I can’t for the life of me see this happening. They couldn’t afford to buy the club even with the £500m borrowed.

Exactly.

I've no doubt they can find a way to invest. But there's no way they're buying the club out right.

And for good reason.

When 777 was first mentioned, I said it's out of the frying pan into the fire and the time between that has only reaffirmed my view.

I don't think 777 happens, the publicity is mutually beneficial for both 777 and the club. Generally the loudest noise don't invest or takeover.
Again mate I get it. I don’t want us taken over by criminals however, who’s to say that everything you read is correct.

And for good reason.

Remember the day Moshiri came in? No one had a clue.

No, he's right - I suspect the media have been briefed by the club, possibly to put pressure on other interested parties?

My understanding is that 777 Partners will run into exactly the same problems that MSP ran into in regards to Everton's relationship with Rights and Media funding, I don't see how they will have raised sufficient funds to take a major stake in the club without a massive debt leveraged buyout. Less Glazers, more ALK Capital with Burnley

And for good reason.

Remember the day Moshiri came in? No one had a clue.

Moores comes to mind

i that report said that moshiri was taking a big hit on his investment , but i always thought the reason moshiri was selling to these was that they where gona give him the asking price , surely if he’s prepared to sell for cheap there would be other buyers out there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back